Protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to do some looking around at other protein powders. 180 calories per serving, vs. 120 or 135! I'll take the less calories thank you. I'm very new to this protein powder issue so I appreciate the comments others have made. :smile:

What you might want to do is look at the label and you don't want one with alot of sugar.
    Why does 180 sound worse than 120-130. If it was 30 grams of protein in 180 calorie version compared to 20 grams of protein in the 120 one, then it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I looked up at EAS website, and the one I saw was Soy for 180 calories? That has 17 grams of sugar for one scoop. That's alot compared to others, like toots put up, that has 1 gram of sugar.

Powders I have tried
    EAS Advant edge(Costo)
    PVL ISO (GNC) 224 cal 45gm prot/3gm fat/4gm sugar

Dymatize (Nutrition Depot) 117cal 24gm pro/2gm fat / 0gm sugar
    Just bought this in chocolate and enjoying it with water
    Taste great with no sugar. :wink:

Yep, I'm definitely learning as I go. :smile: Thanks for your post. It's very helpful. :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Any opinions on whether I've got a good one or not? It tastes yummy! :laugh:
  • amerika
    Options
    What do you mix it with?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Low sugar, 120 calories, 20grams of protein per scoop.

If it taste good, then you have a good one :wink:
  • toots99
    Options
    What do you mix it with?

Water or milk.
  • toots99
    Options

Low sugar, 120 calories, 20grams of protein per scoop.

If it taste good, then you have a good one :wink:

Excellent! Yes, it tastes pretty good!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love EAS but I have found the chocolate milk remedy to work best for me after my runs, quicker and cheaper! I do use the EAS vanilla from Costco in my smoothies and my husband drinks it in his coffee in the morning and it is the best price at costco, 29.99 for a giant bag!