This time I will lose weight and keep it off

Options
Hi everyone.

I would like to say thanks to everyone for such a great site. I have been reading and using it for a while now, but have not taken the serious plunge to start my diet proper until now.

Have quite a lot of weight to lose (over 5 stone) but I have done it before so I am determined to to it again, but this time, I will not slip back into old bad habits (hopefully) !!

Have recently tried using slimming world but its too easy going for me i'm afraid. When they say you can eat as much of x as you like, I don't think they meant a whole kilo of it..lol. So have decided to go back to good old fashioned calorie counting, it worked for me before so I am very much hoping it will again. Unfortunately that was about 14 years ago and I'm told it's not so easy to shift the weight as you get older, so may have to try much harder this time.

Good luck to everyone on the site and cheers all xx

Vickie

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You can do it one day at a time.
  • HolllyBot
    HolllyBot Posts: 33
    Options
    Just be honest with your self and stick with it, good luck!!! You can do this :)
  • chipschipstl
    Options
    Good luck! I've found such awesome support on this site, it has really kept me on track. Everyone is so nice and positive and you can get such good advice and help. You can do it, it's never too late.