Can I loose weight only with the stationary bike?

Options
Can I loose weight only with the stationary bike?

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If you are at a calorie deficit you will. You need some strength training to fully retain your muscle mass though. I lost weight before with the stationary bike as my only form of exercise but was skinny fat.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Of course you can. Doing any activity that burns more calories than you eat (within reason) will cause you to lose weight. At some point though you will need to do other exercises to achieve muscle tone in the rest of your body.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    By looking at your average gym, I would say no. But that's because your workout routine is only 30% of your results.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Exercise is useless for weight loss. You just eat more. That's why you have to track calories too.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Most of my first weight loss exercise was a stationary bike but you have to work on it. Don't pedal slowly and use the resistance. Otherwise the best result you will get is a sore butt.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight by using a stationary bike so your clothing gets looser. (Note the difference between lose and loose)

English lesson aside, a stationary bike can be used to burn calories and therefore help you lose weight. For people just starting out or who have an injury that prevents other types of exercise a bike is a great way to get moving. Personally I would recommend incorporating different types of exercise including strength training if you can. And of course, a healthy diet.