Starting weight when beginning Insanity?

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
I'm really interested in this program, and am on the heavier side of the spectrum. Although it looks terrifying, I am prepared to this [or at least try my hardest!], BUT would like to know that I'm not alone when starting this workout program.

I currently weigh 226. How much did you weigh when starting Insanity?

Replies

• robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I was about 210 when I started. I have only been doing it for a couple of weeks, but I really do notice differences. I love it because it is so high energy and I am sweating when I am done!
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    5'3" and started at 196!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting this and had the same question! I'm only 5'2" and weigh 181 and was worried it would be too intense for me. How is everyone liking it??
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting this and had the same question! I'm only 5'2" and weigh 181 and was worried it would be too intense for me. How is everyone liking it??
    I've had a preview workout with my friend. I dont know which video it was but the warmup ALONE was fricken intense. I got an almost 200 cal burn from it alone, cause we were short on time. [i have the ft4 hrm]. I'm excited. :)
  • bjnorvell
    Options
    @hbiffle- it wouldn't be to intense for you! You are starting out weighing less then me!! Any of the excerises you can modify until you can do them the way Shaun T does them.
  • bjnorvell
    Options
    I've had a preview workout with my friend. I dont know which video it was but the warmup ALONE was fricken intense. I got an almost 200 cal burn from it alone, cause we were short on time. [i have the ft4 hrm]. I'm excited. :)
    Last night I did Cardio Power & resistance and it makes you sweat!!! On all the workouts, you warm up first then you stretch then you go into the actually workout, the at the end you do the cool down stretch! At the middle of the week you have Cardio Recovey, it is a stretching excerise you don't alot of calories, then you also have a day off where you don't work out at all!

@Jellyphant, how much did you hrm cost? I still have to get one :)
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Last night I did Cardio Power & resistance and it makes you sweat!!! On all the workouts, you warm up first then you stretch then you go into the actually workout, the at the end you do the cool down stretch! At the middle of the week you have Cardio Recovey, it is a stretching excerise you don't alot of calories, then you also have a day off where you don't work out at all!

I got mine for 74 bucks on an online store. worth the price though, definitely!
  • bjnorvell
    Options

I got mine for 74 bucks on an online store. worth the price though, definitely!
    I looked at Walmart, they only have the wrist ones, I want one that goes around my chest!
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My first round I started around 250, so it's definitely doable. In the beginning there was a lot of pausing, and I had to modify some of the moves (like push ups on my knees), but by the end I could do everything they did and even at their pace.
  • ccrunk75
    ccrunk75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just got mine today. I weigh in at 292 but feel like I can do it if I modify the moves. We will see! Looking for quick results!
  • bjnorvell
    Options
    Just got mine today. I weigh in at 292 but feel like I can do it if I modify the moves. We will see! Looking for quick results!

Yes you can modify the moves! I am on week 4 and have already lost 14 lbs and 7.5 inches!!!
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I've been thinking about it, but was worried about the intensity. I workout at least 4 days a week currently; maybe I'll give it a whirl.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I thought about insanity too. I want that 'I earned it's shirt, as silly as that sounds