heart rate monitor

Options
00Angela00
00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
I'm interested in getting a heart rate monitor to track how many calories I burn ... does anyone have any recommendations on a brand or a good place to get one? I would prefer not to spend >$75

Replies

• Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar F6 on ebay for $80 and it's regular $120. I think the Polar F4 is just as good and a little cheaper. I love my HRM. Good luck!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Check amazon and buy.com ... both are selling the reebok one for about $30.
  • hollyberries
    Options
    Here is the link for the Reebok Precision Training HRM at Target.com. http://tinyurl.com/lthzal It's on sale for $27.99
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in getting a heart rate monitor to track how many calories I burn ... does anyone have any recommendations on a brand or a good place to get one? I would prefer not to spend >$75

I got a Polar A4 from ebay for $44. I'm not sure what the difference is btw those and the F series, but I like mine a lot. I didn't want to spend the money either!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    The F4 is good .. the F6 has some group features but you probably don't need that.
  • klhain
    klhain Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got a timex one from amazon.com, normally priced 89.00, on sale for 49.00, and you can get 30.00 credit if you open an amazon credit card.

So far I really like it. The band that goes around your chest is comfortable and the watch isn't to huge! It was a little hard to figure out, but I once I discovered that the heart monitor had to be turned on to set the settings, it was pretty easy from there.
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Amazon.com

I have a Polar F6 and it's awesome, I think they have it for $80 right now, free shipping. I think they have one of the models with less features for $50.