Macros Suggestions?

Options
I'm 5'5" and 175 lbs (give or take, I fluctuate between 170 and 176). I started my journey over a year ago at 250 lbs. For the last month and a half, I have been hitting the gym pretty hard (4-5, sometimes 6 days per week) for about an hour. I combine cardio with resistance/strength training, and I have a personal trainer. I usually burn about 400-600 calories per hour doing these things (I use a HRM).

I recently upped my caloric intake after experiencing a three-month plateau, which I'm still "sort of" in. I have noticed, in the last month, a visible change in my body, as well as the numbers coming out alright.

4/2/12
Weight - 178.8
Body Fat % - 31.8%
BMI - 29.5
Chest - 39.5"
Arms - 11.7"
Waist - 34.5"
Hips - 39.7"
Thighs - 23.1"
Calves - 17.1"

5/5/12
Weight - 175.8
Body Fat % - 30.8%
BMI - 29.2
Chest - 38.2"
Arms - 11.3"
Waist - 33"
Hips - 36"
Thighs - 22.2"
Calves 16.1"

However, I'm not sure why my weight refuses to drop. Even with the same body shape and frame (when I was 20, I'm now 24), I weighed around 150, which is my goal weight. But I don't want to keep focusing on the goal weight if my improvement is what I think it should be...I just don't know if my improvement, at this point in my journey, is good, bad, or normal.

Essentially, what I'm asking is, am I doing something wrong to not make the scale move (I'm not THAT worried about that number, but I'd like to at least get below 170), am I eating wrong, am I not working out often enough, etc?

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated, and my diary is public for all to view.

Replies

• T321
    T321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat as you as far as weight goes, though you are a bit taller than me.

I find that cutting the bread portions in half works well. So I went down to half a bagel and one slice of bread, when I'd normally have two. If the majority of your meals calories are coming from bread and carbs, I'd just change those proportions. You seem to be ok on calorie intake though. I know you are using olive oil mayo, but maybe cut out extras like sauces and cheese.
  • alysonleanne
    Options
    Thanks. I don't eat cheese very often, so the condiments are where I lack. Usually I try to keep them within my macros for the day...I've stopped using ranch and caesar dressing :frown:

Carbs are where I have an issue. I eat a sandwich for lunch, and if it's not a sandwich, it's pasta, and if it's a salad, I'll want caesar. Haha I am unbelievable! Half a bagel will probably work since I'm using the PB. Thanks again!
  • alysonleanne
    Options
    Bump :(