Mad Men: Anyone Watching?

Options
eduardo_d
eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
The last episode with Betty at Weight Watchers circa 1966 was excellent!

Replies

• johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i love Mad Men...

so funny to watch them smoke all the time. Roger is the BEST!
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    takingnameskickingbutt Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Love love love Mad Men! Sally is really making me laugh this season!
  • boltsfan704
    boltsfan704 Posts: 30
    Options
    Been catching up on Netflix.. on 3rd season now. Great show.
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    love Mad Men! I thought the part with Betty at a 1966 WW meeting was excellent as well!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm literally obsessed. They had all seasons on netflix so I got all caught up for this season :smile:

and to the person that thinks it is funny that they smoke all the time, I think it is hilarious that they drink all the time. I wish I could do that at my job :grumble: :grumble:
  • dee492
    dee492 Posts: 28
    Options
    I love Mad Men, I DVR all episodes, got my hubby hooked now too!! Loved the WW episode as well.
  • FLGatorZone
    Options
    Never heard of it. When I made the goal to lose weight and get in shape, I found I didn't have time for TV anymore. That was over 3 years ago, so anything that came on since then, I know nothing about it. I haven't turned my TV on in about 6 days and when I do, it's for information.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thats my Sunday night ritual!! Love it. Its also my ring tone.
  • Kwint
    Kwint Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the show, too. I worked in an agency as a writer in through the 70s and it was still that way - with the drinking, smoking, womanizing, etc. I did the same thing Peggy does, essentially. The show is very accurate in every detail - the odd characters at the agency - the way account management is done - the sleazy idea stealing and office politics - all of it. The WW episode is as I remember it sometime in the 80s, still.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had no idea Weight Watchers was around that long.
    I've never done WW, but just watching that scene was depressing.

I am a vintage and 1950's-60's geek.
    I also love advertising and design.
    I've loved this show for a long time.
    Now that it's gaining popularity and I have the opportunity to talk to other about it...I'm finding the common sentiments are;
    Oh I love Don.
    Oh I hate Betty, she's such a B.

I get why people love Don, he's handsome, intelligent, mysterious, and yes, he's on a better path now and staying committed.

But Betty...I just feel sorry for her.
    She got cheated on several times with several women, suffered through depression, and is now gaining weight.
    Granted, she is not the best parent, she can be immature and sometimes comes across as vacant.

But now she's being played as the bitter, jealous, fat and unhappy ex-wife that's clinging to Don and won't let him be happy.
    Well, why wouldn't she behave this way?
    Don gets to walk away, start a new life with a new, young, gorgeous girl and Betty attempts to move passed it, but she can't.
    Why?
    She still loves Don, but she had no choice but to leave him.
    Should she have stayed, forgave him, suffered more through his infidelity?

Betty is not the villain.
    Does anyone else see this too?
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    LOVE Mad Men. It's crazy to think the work place used to be like that.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Mad Men was awesome this week and this entire season. I am so sad the season is over next week.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Roger Sterling is THE MAN!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I feel they should have used last weeks episode as the season finale. This one was kind boring.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I wish men dressed as sharp as the crew form Mad Men... mmmm... my fav part. Anyways. Love the series and this season ROCKED
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

This.

That character is probably the most fun to watch.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

This.

That character is probably the most fun to watch.

Agree! This season, he really shined. Plus hes a silver fox, always fun to watch
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just watched the first 4 episodes (of the first series) this weekend and I'm finding it really hard to get into. I haven't found any of the characters likeable or the stories engaging. I'm going to stick with it though since everyone raves about it.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    its utterly fabulous, such a great social documentary, drama, stylist's dream all worked into one great show with fabulous actors. I'm so sad I only discovered it in the last series (unfortunately because of the name I thought it was some superhero type sci fi thing so never even tried it!).
    but how much do they drink? is that all business people did in the sixties, take swigs of neat whiskey and then recline on their couch for the afternoon? thats if they weren't recovering from an acid trip the night before??! ;)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Roger makes me all kinds of swoon!
    Don is ok - just not my kind.
    Megan makes me want to puke - I don't think the marriage will last long now that she's gone back to acting. Wouldn't it be something if she started cheating on Dan?
    I like Peggy, she's one tough chick for the 60's

Joan in the office, ick Joan with her guard down, like last week with Don at the bar... those two would make a great power couple.