Healthy sandwhiches?

Options
nruszaj
nruszaj Posts: 6 Member
I'm soooooo tired of the plain turkey sandwhiches :(

Anyone with any yummy sandwhich recipes?

Replies

• niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A few ideas:

PB&J
    PB&Honey
    Tuna Salad (mustard, tuna,onion or apple - no mayo)
    Chicken Salad (again, skip the mayo)

And general advice:

A sandwich is just food between two slices of bread. Don't get hung up on traditional fare. Bananas and peanut butter go well together, and many vegetables can be made into a sandwich.

HTH
  • lvokins
    lvokins Posts: 14
    Options
    I love PB and Apple sandwiches, so delicious. Egg salad, ham, light cream cheese and cucumber.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    My daughter also wraps her "sandwhich stuffins" in lettuce leaves instead of bread. She enjoys this type of sandwhich very much. She is also on MFP so if she sees this post, maybe she can offer some of her creations. Best wishes. :-)
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Try a wrap instead? Today for lunch I made a turkey wrap with the following ingredients:

Whole wheat wrap
    laughing cow chipotle cheese spread
    avacado slices
    tomato slices
    turkey
    few drops of tabasco sauce

I also do something similar with avacado & chopped hard boiled egg with few drops of tabasco sauce.

Roll it up & enjoy!!
  • lhdickie91
    lhdickie91 Posts: 10
    Options
    mexican chicken and guacamole :)

chicken, pesto mayonnaise, peppers and rocket is my sisters favourite (you get reduced fat green pesto and light mayo to make it lower cal)
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    My personal favorite "sandwich" is natural peanut butter with polaner all fruit on an Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber tortilla. It's tasty and sticks to my ribs.
  • kahlee2000
    kahlee2000 Posts: 77
    Options
    bump
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I use 2 thin sliced pieces of ham with my turkey, lots of lettuce, onion & tomato. I've tried it even with an egg white for something completely different.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I really love lettuce wraps too :) often, I'll saute a chicken breast with spices (basil, lemon juice and pepper is my favorite!) and then wrap it up in lettuce with tomato, cucumber, onion and, sometimes, avocado. Boom, a healthy, happy sandwich for under two hundred calories. Adding a little barbecue sauce, hot sauce, or salsa makes it even better :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Twopeasandtheirpod.com's chickpea & avocado sandwich and their edamame and avocado sandwich. SUper healthy and so filling!

I don't like chickpeas unless its hummus or disguised in a baked good or whatnot. I rinsed the beans really well and processed them with garlic and the other ingredients and absolutely loved it! So even if you are leery (I can't stand those roasted chickpeas) about chickpeas on their own, I recommend giving these sandwiches a try!!
  • Philokiller
    Philokiller Posts: 20
    Options
    bump