How about your semi-healthy homemade dessert recipes?

Options
Funsoaps
Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
I make a good raw almond butter and chocolate chip cookie (dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free) with liquid stevia and it's to die for!

I'll put the recipe on here tomorrow. It uses egg or egg whites, baking soda and chopped nuts as well OMG so good, my husband thought they were so good.

What's your semi-healthy or healthier version/dessert recipe?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    This Mango Coconut pudding was pretty tasty and no added sugar!

http://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/recipes/47
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein mousse.

1 egg white
    Protein powder
    Milk
    Chocolate cream cheese

Whisk the egg white into peaks
    Blend the other stuff
    Fold protein mix into egg white carefully.
    Stick in fridge for an hour :-)

This also works with pudding mix if you can't get choc cream cheese.
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow they sound really yummy, will have to give them a try.

I sometimes use the 98% fat free cake boxes from the supermarket, use low fat milk then cook the batter in a muffin tin, so i have little single serving cakes.

Would love to try some better recipes though, looking forwards to everyones posts :happy:
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    These were pretty yum. 116 cal per big muffin or if you make them into mini muffins, then obviously 58 cals.

http://healthyisalwaysbetter.tumblr.com/post/6583755120/lessthan300kcal-triple-chocolate-chunk-muffin
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    This Mango Coconut pudding was pretty tasty and no added sugar!

http://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/recipes/47

Yummy, I'm definitely trying this. I have frozen mango chunks in my freezer I could try out and I always have coconut milk on hand.
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

2 cups Greek Yogurt (I've heard that you should only use whole or 2% but nonfat worked out fine for me)
    2/3 cup White Granulated Sugar
    2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
    Juice of 1 Large Lemon
    2 Eggs
    1 Pie Crust (I've used frozen but I'm sure some crushed graham crackers or pecan sandies would be great)

All you do is mix it all up and bake for 35 min at 350. It'll start to turn slightly golden around the edges and it'll look pretty giggly but it'll set after a few hours in the fridge. You can play with some other flavors besides lemon for some variety- I'm sure a bit of protein powder would work, too). It's pretty low calorie, especially compared to a traditional cheesecake and the taste and texture fooled my friends. No one could tell that wasn't filled with butter and an outrageous amount of sugar.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    bump
  • tammisr32
    tammisr32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Take any apple, peel and core. Then add cinnamon and Truvia packet. Microwave for 3 minutes and check for tenderness, sometimes it will need another minute. The original recipe called for brown sugar. Ive also used pumpkin pie spice in a pinch...really easy and yumm!!
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've been wanting to try this one: (I'm intrigued by the mug in the microwave thing)

One Minute Flax Muffin

Ingredients

1/4 cup ground flax seed
    1 egg
    1 tsp butter
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp maple syrup
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    Directions

Combine all ingredients in a large mug and microwave for 50 seconds. Pops right out – you don’t even need to grease the mug.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    ive just made a new one its soooo tasty, Hot vanilla strawberries with greek yogurt!!
    Cook strawberries for a few mins in 5ml vanilla syrup (or 1tsp sugar / water / vanilla essence). poke holes with a cocktail stick in a pot of plain greek yogurt. pour the strawberries on top and the sauce fills all the holes up with strawberry vanilla deliciousness :-)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I believe this comes from a Weight Watchers recipe, but yummo pie

1 grahm cracker crust
    1 box sugar free jello
    1 tub light or free whip topping (cool whip)
    2 fat free yogurts
    1/4 cup boiling water
    Can do any flavor jello and yogurt as long as you think the two will make a good match for the pie
    I've done peach, lemon, strawberry, raspberry and lots of others

Combine cool whip, yogurt in bowl
    Dissolve jello in boiling water
    Add to mix
    Add to pie crust and refrigerate til firm

About 160 cals in 1/8 of pie