New and ready to lose!

Options
abcmom03
abcmom03 Posts: 89 Member
I just found this site yesterday. I have dieted on and off my entire life. Only to gain back ;-(
I have always been a carb counter. It works, but once you start eating carbs again it all comes back on. I am sure many of you can relate to this!

So, I have decided to count calories this time. I truly believe that when it comes to food and dieting that I am an "alcoholic". If I eat something that is not on my "diet", no matter how big or small, I "fall off the wagon" and eat everything! Once I have one of those days, I just never can get right back on track. I am so hoping that this site will help me stay on track and be healthy again!

I'll also admit this...I need lots of encouragement and sometimes a good "kicking" to get me going! I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

Replies

• MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    Options
    I know how you feel, but th is site is AWESOME!! I think that it helps you stay on course and the people on here, that I have met are super supportive and full of encouragement! Just stick to it is what I found to be the key and never give up...and when you are feeling down, this is the BEST place to be...feel free to add me as a pal I love to help support others as they support me!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome! This site and community will change your life. Make the best of it!
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. What I like about this site is the support people give you. Regardless of how my day goes, I log everything. If I'm over, I'll learn for the next day. Just post everything & use that as motivation. Do you really think that I wanted to post the photo of me in the pool lol

If you can get it, use the phone app. This is where I log most of my meals. You can even scan the barcode & it'll enter the info....That can be good or bad lol

I wish you the best!
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me for inspiration!
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you found the right place. Great folks here, with great inspiration. They will get you really motivted...No competition here, what is good for others may not be good for you. Follow the exericse and diet plan and you will make it happen...Please add me as a friend.
  • abcmom03
    abcmom03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the phone app yesterday! I am doing the grocery shopping this weekend, cleaning out the fridge and cabinets and starting the new way of eating on Monday! I know..I know...but in my mind it has to be on a Monday ;-)
  • pearceda
    pearceda Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A weekend may not be the best time to start anything new, so Monday makes sense to me. I use the phone app a lot, it is great for scanning bar codes. Feel free to add if you are looking fro help along the way. Good luck with your journey.