Chromium Picolinate

Options
webdaughter
webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
Hi! I was just wondering if any of you have used the suplament Chromium Picolinate and if so what were your thoughts? Also any positive/negitive effects? I have heard that it can be a benifical thing to use and I am doing some research as I tend to be cautious about what medications, nautral or otherwise I put in my body. I am on 2 perscription medications and have talked with my doctor and he said that it would in NO way affect them so that is a good thing.

Just wanted any thoughts or feedback you can offer...thank you!

Replies

• Ncdaniel16
    Ncdaniel16 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am taking it, and I have no adverse side effects...I take one gel pill in the am with food. It has helped me from starving through the day, but it def isnt a maricle pill or anything
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to assist your body in balancing glucose levels. It also increases stamina. The latter definitely is true--I noticed a marked difference when running.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been using it. I haven't seen any adverse effects. I have had better luck with my metabolism since I started taking it.
  • MichaeltheMarine
    MichaeltheMarine Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I took it for a while during high school, which did help especially with working out all the time. Now that I am in my 30's I take Chromium Picolinate and Chromium Histidinate. Each helps with Blood Sugar, Reduce craving for carbs, increases energy (so they say) and helps with blood flow (cardiovascular). No negatives that I have found.
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been taking one tablet every morning to help alleviate sugar/sweets cravings. Works well for that and no side effects for me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I take it on an irregular basis (so there's probably not really much point!). I haven't had any side effects except I seem to have to go to the bathroom more often.