Womans chest muscles after implants

Options
Hi i was wondering if someone could answer my questiom. I have 500 cc implants under the pec muscle. I have been wanting to build upper body streght but i have heard this is not a good idea, because with chest muscle growth, my implants may migrate twoards my armpits!
Has this happened to any of you women?:ohwell:

Replies

• jeffwyeg
    Options
    I really have nothing to add other than this:

"Migrating Implants" would be a great name for a band :laugh:

Good luck on your journey :smile:

Jeff @ YEG
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thats funny
    my goal is to be in a figure contest though!
    how can i do that if I cant work out my upper body? UGH!!!:explode:
  • readyforchange
    readyforchange Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have 500 cc implant under the muscle!! LOVE THEM!! My PS said it is perfectly fine to work the chest! It just sometimes doesnt feel very good as they shift while working out!! I dont think that they would move to much as the pocket that they sit in is quite snug!
    How long have you had yours??
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Hi i was wondering if someone could answer my questiom. I have 500 cc implants under the pec muscle. I have been wanting to build upper body streght but i have heard this is not a good idea, because with chest muscle growth, my implants may migrate twoards my armpits!
    Has this happened to any of you women?:ohwell:

I hadn't heard that, but you might ask your doctor about it. I know that when I've tried to do push-ups, the muscles feel very different than before, so I can't do push-ups anymore. I would also like an "actual" answer to this question (as mine was just experience):ohwell:
  • BossyGirl
    Options
    iv had them for one year. i noticed that when i flew my chest they do spread apart
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about this, but there are a lot body builder women with breast implants, so maybe it would be ok?? :huh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I too have 500 cc implant under the muscle!! LOVE THEM!! My PS said it is perfectly fine to work the chest! It just sometimes doesnt feel very good as they shift while working out!! I dont think that they would move to much as the pocket that they sit in is quite snug!
    How long have you had yours??

Yep, call up that plastic surgeon and see what they have to say.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Check out at forum.bodybuilding.com. Alot of women have had implants, and have still worked out.
    Here is one thread I quickly found.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=412283&highlight=implants

If you do search for more information, type in "implants" in the search and scroll on the right hand side and pick female bodybuilding section.

Why would anybody want to get implants UNDER their muscle.
    It seems that they cut a pocket into the pec muscle when they do this procedure.
    I thought implants are just supposed to be under the skin?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have implants, and I have never noticed any ill effects from working my pec muscles. If you've been a good patient as far as recuperation (your massage/exercise instructions) and you have NO capsulization, you should be okay. And as others say - ask your PS....

Thumper to answer your question, under the muscle implants creates less scar tissue, faster healing time, and a more natural appearance. They cut a 2-3" slice laterally into the pec which heals very quickly with no damage to the muscle itself.
  • BossyGirl
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers! I have to say i was freaking out because I have seen horror pics of women with their implants far apart!
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers! I have to say i was freaking out because I have seen horror pics of women with their implants far apart!

I'm no expert (although I like to think of myself as a "boob afficianado"...ha ha!) but whenever I've seen what you're describing, I've always thought it was more a result of the implants being over the muscles rather than underneath and/or a sub-standard surgery.