What do you listen to during workouts ???

Options
Benson19
Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
I enjoy all sorts of music genres and really enjoy learning about new songs or artist from other people. So what do you listen to? genre or favorite songs atm :)

For when i'm lifting weights I like listening to metal, punk or rap.
For cardio I like listening to pop, dance, house or anything along those lines :)

Replies

• cmpollard01
    cmpollard01 Posts: 246
    Options
    I listen to lots of different music generally, but I stick to really upbeat music when I workout (we probably all do that...). I love classic rock, so songs like "Take Me To The Other Side" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" are great for when i'm walking or jogging-I try to keep eveything in that beat range (if that makes sense). I have a lot of Nickelback, some Bon Jovi, Beyonce, Buckcherry (lots of driving beats with them!), G & R, some Van Halen...it's a crazy assortment. And sometimes, I'll even throw in the stuff i normally wouldn't want to listen to-like Party Rock Anthem-because when working out, it keeps me motivated for some reason. Let's hope it keeps working!
  • Revenga1980
    Revenga1980 Posts: 63
    Options
    I listen to hard rock or metal. That's my preference, specifically Five Finger Death Punch really gets me going
  • mspeckma
    mspeckma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like Bowling for Soup. Most of their stuff has good tunes and beats. High School Never Ends is great and keeps me laughing.
  • Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I listen to hard rock or metal. That's my preference, specifically Five Finger Death Punch really gets me going

The pride (remix) and under and over it are my favorite by them for pump up right now :)
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pop dance anything that had a motivating beat. Imma Be is like my fave start off song. Then some One Direction.
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the podrunner podcasts!!! Even if I'm not running they make me want to move!
  • gettingfit426
    Options
    Fitradio - my most favorite app rights now ;)
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    FOO FIGHTERS AND MORE FOO FIGHTERS ;)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Paramore or P!nk, they both have lots of songs with great beats for workouts (I skip the slow songs).
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm weird and listen is the same stuff for cardio and weights
    Linkin Park, Britney Spears, Black Eyed Peaa, and basically ANYTHING you hear in the club I'll play.
    As long as the music is up tempo, I'll stick with the workout.
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a tv set up at eye level in front of my treadmill and i am working my way through the entire Star trek collection.
    Every episode is 42 mins, so thats how long I walk.....love it. Am onto the final series in Deep Space Nine. lol:happy:
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I ran pretty hard to Atreyu last night. Katy Perry the time before that. I usually just put my iPod on shuffle and see what happens. If a song isn't doin' it for me, I just skip to the next one. Sorry Norah Jones, I love you, but you're just not cutting it right now...
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Marty Robbins - Trail Songs.

Dolly Parton - Letter to Heaven.

Bobby Goldsboro - Honey.

Johnny Cash - Hurt.

Ricky Valance - Tell Laura I Love Her.

Basically someone has to die in the song to get on my playlist, don't ask me why but these really depressing songs help me to focus :laugh:

Russ
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    stuff like Thousand Foot krutch
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm picky as all get out about my music, so I listen to the same music to work out as I do cleaning, sitting at home relaxing, and driving.

Top Bands I listen to...
    1. My Chemical Romance
    2. The Spill Canvas
    3. Fall Out Boy
    4. Panic! At the Disco
    5. Taking Back Sunday

If my music can't make me think and ponder as well as stay at least somewhat up beat and loud, I don't want to listen to it.
  • lwgrubbs
    lwgrubbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love EDM, so a lot of Kaskade and similar types of music.
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Nature! Working out is the only solitude I get ALL day - Bliss!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    During warm-ups in the house, I listen to talk radio.
    While strength training, I listen to the music on the strength training DVD I am following.
    While walking, I often sing out loud.
    While running, I listen to the birds, crickets, traffic (so I know when to move over), and my own thoughts.
  • Sreber22x
    Sreber22x Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The Jay-Z / Linkin Park Collision Course collaboration is one of my favorites. Also, like Motley Crue, Hollywood Undead, Seether, and the new B.O.B. album.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to my local radio station on iheart radio on my iphone.