please help havent lost anything more maintaining

Options
Im a 26 year old mom of 4 and I weigh 220 pounds, trying to lose 35 pounds by september. Not really knowledgeable of whats good, bad or what to do besides walking and staying in my calorie goal. I have been doing this for a month now and i have not lost anything i eat really good because the family so large we eat good meals bread potatos and fried foods. I still eat out and like sweets but i stay within my goal maybe twice a week i may go over but i still walk on my treadmill at least a mile daily. Someone help

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well you need to stop eating the heart clogging foods, fast foods, fried foods, sweets.

You're walking how far? I'd increase your walking each week until you walk at least 3 miles per day.
  • jartis0001
    jartis0001 Posts: 15
    Options
    on a good day i walk 3 miles but mainly 2 miles. It will be hard not to eat those things cause thats whats easy to make sure the kids eat and have snacks but ill try to cut back!!! Thanks Ladybug
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring and weighing your food? You may need to get a food scale so you make sure you are accurately recording your calories.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would ditch the junk that you are eating including any soda and concentrate on lean protein, veggies, nuts, berries and whole grains. Even if you are staying within your calorie goal quality of food matters. I had to learn this the hard way! Your goal is totally atainable as long as you are willing to put in the work.

GL
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Well, a fried chicken breast and wing, mashed potatoes and a small dinner roll will run you anywhere from 700-1200 calories. So one meal and some milk will use up at least half your daily calories.

How are you calculating your calories?
  • jartis0001
    Options
    ok thanks yall starting today im going to try and cut back on the fried foods and sweets and see what happens
  • jartis0001
    Options
    Im caculating the food using this app