Back for another go

Options
Hi everyone,

I joined up here quite a few months ago and did really well for the first couple of weeks, then lost all my motivation. And now I'm back to give it another try!
I'm 32 years old and live in Auckland, New Zealand. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant with our first child, and losing a bit of weight and getting fitter can only help, right? I've lost around 7 pounds so far, but have noticed my weight creeping in the wrong direction over the last couple of months. :frown: I still have about 20 I need to get off. My motivation at the moment is that summer is on its way, and I would really love to be able to dig out all my old summer tops and singlets and think I looked okay in them, instead of hiding in long sleeves and sweatshirts cos I'm embarrassed by how I look. Hopefully this will be the time I can finally make a difference and get my weight sorted once and for all!

Replies

• marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a kiwi from Akl too! I'm 18 though and back for another go too. I lost 18kg on here and now I see my weight creeping back up too :grumble:
    tommorrow is a new day :happy:
    good luck with the baby trying
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! 18 kg! Thats awesome, well done!!

It's nice to know I'm not the only Kiwi on here! Good luck with the weight loss :-)
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been off and on for about a year and a half. My motivation comes and goes. But this time I am going to do it, and you can too! Stick with it and I wish you the best of luck.