Losing weight & stretch marks

Options

Replies

• waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    They'll never go away for good. They're scar tissue. But I do believe that some people have some tips on how to fade them.

Also? Wear a bikini whenever you damn feel like it. It's your body and you're only gonna get to be in it once. You shouldn't hide it away after all the hard work you've done!

If anyone is close enough to see your stretch marks, they'll probably also be close enough for you to smack 'em in the face for minding them.
    ^this!
  • Ady0092
    Ady0092 Posts: 86
    Options
    Rub lemon on them a couple times a week they will lighten up or Palmer stretch marks
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 180 lbs now. I have them. I have high ones on my belly, ones I never knew about on my thighs and some on my arms, back, butt and legs. I use Aluvea cream on them and the loose skin. It seems to help a little, but, they are gonna be there. I have almost become okayish with them. The only thing that will get rid of any of them is surgery, and I dont have that kind of money. I wear a bikini. I don't really care what strangers think about mine. They have their own imperfections and if they are noticing mine, maybe it will make them feel a little better, and if they say anything, I will just smack the crap out of them.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my legs that popped up for absolutely no reason when I was a teenager. 10 years later I can barely see them. The ones on my belly and hips from my 1st pregnancy are still fairly noticable but after a year and a half they are turning more of a skin tone than the pink color they started out as. Have you ever noticed that when I get a bad cut how the scar starts out pink and over time gets lighter. Stretch marks work the same way. It takes time for them to fade, they never go away but they do get less noticeable.

Don't be afraid of your stretch marks. Other people have them too and not just from gaining weight. Think of all the people that grew so fast as teenagers they have them on their backs. They have them because they grew up.

Besides if you lose weight and get all hot and muscular I bet people will notice your hot body before they ever notice the stretch marks.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I HATE my stretch marks...and I'm sure they are way more noticable to me than anyone else (not that anyone but the husband see's them but...). I hate the fact that they will never go away....its depressing!!!
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For me they haven't. They seem to show worse to me with the loss of weight.

Same with me. I lost 35 lbs. and they seem more noticeable now. I guess it's because my belly is not as stretched out. I know that they will never go away and I have accepted that. My son calls them my wrinkles. Lol.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    They'll never go away for good. They're scar tissue. But I do believe that some people have some tips on how to fade them.

Also? Wear a bikini whenever you damn feel like it. It's your body and you're only gonna get to be in it once. You shouldn't hide it away after all the hard work you've done!

If anyone is close enough to see your stretch marks, they'll probably also be close enough for you to smack 'em in the face for minding them.

:laugh: Brilliant, wear them with pride!
  • Love2BeBold
    Options
    I just wanted to say you ladies have some awesome husbands, stretch marks are part of the body...men have them too....dont let media think you can't have stretch marks. trust me all those girls in bikini pics are wearing makeup and lots of airbrushing...dont use stretch mark as an excuse to not work on getting healthy and a rocking body....trust me when you get to the finish line you will love it!
  • valyad
    valyad Posts: 5
    Options
    My daughters is 14 y.o. , 5.8 tall , 140 pounds and has stretch marks on her back and her knees . Last week she realized that all of her friends from school have stretch marks and they are just kids !!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my side and stomach. They'll never go away, but they're white now. Once I get to the 2 piece stage, I will wear one regardless!
  • teez52
    teez52 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I HATE my stretch marks...and I'm sure they are way more noticable to me than anyone else (not that anyone but the husband see's them but...). I hate the fact that they will never go away....its depressing!!!

I honestly don't think a lot of people know what they are. The people who notice them usually think that they are scratches from something or that I got them playing some sort of sport. Normally when I tell them what they really are, the seem kind of embarrassed for asking. Everyone's got them, just a matter of whether or not they know it.
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like my body is one big stretch mark. But, mine have all shrunk and become lighter. It will be a loooonnnngggg time before I can wear a bikini, but I will wear one, with pride when the day comes. I don't think I know a single person without stretch marks...even skinny people.
  • holly2234
    holly2234 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have a lot of VERY wide ones from gaining a lot of weight when i was pregnant. I know they wont go away completely but i have accepted them and if people see? So what! They probably have them too.

Somebody i worked with gained a lot when pregnant too and has very similar stretch marks to me which she showed me once and she lost all of her weight and more and they were still there, but she wore bikinis all the time. Nobody ever said anything.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options

This.
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    Get a high waisted bikini bottom, retro 50's style. They're really cute, you can find them on Etsy and have them custom made.

Your stretch marks are there for life. I have them on my thighs, they are a paler version of my skin color. New stretch marks can be treated with cream but old ones are there to stay.

Thanks for this!! I checked them out and they are super cute. I am completely comfortable in a bikini except for my stretch marks and the little little bit of skin/fat I have to lose in the very lower part of my abdomen. This will work wonders for me :)
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are our battle scars! Wear them proudly!
  • Baber0015
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my shoulders and sides. I really started to notice them as I lost about 20 pounds. I guess they dont really bother me that much since they arent all that noticeable, but if they were in a different location they might. I used to apply lotions to them to see if it helped, but no real results. http://www.lostweightstretchmarks.com has some nice articles about the proven methods to try and fade them, but as mentioned they will never fully go away.
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks covering every inch of the front of my stomach... they have faded but they're always going to be there. But you know what? I DONT GIVE A CRAP. ... they're just a reminder of what USED to be and when i look good and am fit it reminds me how far I've come (and in my case my daughter that started those stretch marks :) )... Just find a way to accept that they're there and stop letting them bother you.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you only have stretch marks on your sides, be grateful. I have them from the waist down, and under my arms. . .PLUS the extra skin on my lower belly that comes from having kids. And I do wear bikinis, but it took me 10 years to build up the confidence to do it!!
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    130+ pounds gone. Not red, but kinda white, translucent. But they are not playing hide and seek or anything. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!