At home workout DVD's

Options
cait0902
cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
Half way done with Jillian Michaels 30DS, wanting to lose weight/inches/body fat%...all of it!!
Female, 5'7'', 169lbs...wanting to lose 30+lbs, I know you can't spot reduce but my goal is flat tummy, slimmer and more toned arms and thighs...

30DS is going good, been doing it every day, except for yesterday. And it's nice that it's only 20-25 minutes. HOWEVER, I am so disgusted and fed up with me weight and my body, that I will do anything.

What would you suggest as my next workout video? I'm willing to do two different workouts at a time, maybe rotate each day, or do them both every day...I just really want to see some changes and I want to feel better about myself!!

At home stuff is best because I am a SAHM....

Replies

• kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE LESLIE SANSONE WALK AT HOME TYPE VIDEOS.. REALLY GOOD FOR EVERYDAY WITH ANOTHER HARDER VIDEO.. CAN EASILY GET IN A 5 MILE WALK WITH VIDEO WHILE THE KIDS ARE NAPPING..I AM ON DAY 17 OF THE 30 DS.. AND I THINK I MAY TRY JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES AFTER.. I HEARD IT IS REALLY GOOD!!
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian's 30 day Shred and after that rotated in her no more trouble zones and the cardio one (can't remember the name). She has some awesome DVDs. She also has a Yoga Meltdown that is great for toning.

I currently have about 15 DVDs that I rotate between now. They are all Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and The Biggest Loser. Bob Harper's DVDs are on sale right now for $5 on his website too. They are intense, but they produce great results if you stick with it (my problem).
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I rotate a few Jullian Michaels DVDs,

Monday - 6 week 6 pack
    Tuesday - Killer Buns and Thighs
    Wednesday - 6 week 6 pack
    Thursday - Rest day
    Friday - Killer Buns and Thighs
    Sat - I'm toying with doing her Ultimate Shed and Shred (45 min) To be honest it scares me a little
    Sun - Rest day

I walk 1.3 miles at lunch (weather dependent) Walk about 3-4 miles 3 days a week in the evening when the babies are in bed.
    I also want to start doing heavy lifting, but that's not possible with my current schedule, so instead I use weights with the DVDs until I can work out a new schedule.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Check out some beachbody workouts.
    I am currently doing ChaLean Extream and I LOVE it. You can find the programs on ebay sometimes for less.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like Taebo-I don't know if they even make new ones any more, but they sell them for fairly cheap on Amazon and it's definitely a great work out.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Wieder X-FACTOR. It is a series of DVD's similar to a P-90X. It is a stepping stone to those extreme work outs...........
    I paid only $30.00 for it at Walmart. It even has a shopping list and menu and recipe thing with it.
    pretty decent work out.... if you do it!! LOL
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jillian is popular here on MFP ... if you can stand the same instructor over & over (I swear I must have ADHD when it comes to workouts ...it's tough for me to use the same instructor 3 days a week even).

WalMart had a Jillian Michaels kit ... 2 DVDs & light dumbbells for $10. No More Trouble Zones is one of the DVDs ... good workout. The kits are on a shelf ... not hanging up.

Kelly Coffey Meyer (my fave right now) has lots of workouts. The latest series is called 30 Minutes to Fitness. There are 2 - 30 minute workouts & then lots of premixes to keep it fresh. You have to order these ... not at chain stores really.

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=30+minutes+to+fitness
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like Taebo-I don't know if they even make new ones any more, but they sell them for fairly cheap on Amazon and it's definitely a great work out.

He has several new ones! http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/tae-bo-videos-20&page=1&sortby=4

This is Tae Bo is a good one. There's a new series with resistance bands, the handles are weighted PT 24/7 .... looks interesting
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    I did the 30DS a couple years ago before I went to Mexico and I was pretty satisfied with my results. I also have Jillians no more throuble zones and metabilism booster I think it's called. Right now I'm on day 18 of the Insanity program (available on Beachbody.com) and I have to say it is my favorite so far. It's extremely hard and most of the time I feel like I'm going to die during the work outs but after I'm done I feel so good!! I'm the queen of at home work out dvds and this one is awesome. If you have Comcast you can also look On Demand under fitness and they have a huge selection of free workout videos.
  • kaley_x86
    kaley_x86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm currently starting month 2 of Insanity from beachbody. It's about 45-60 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Its very challenging
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just love Insanity. I done day 10 early this AM. It is a 60 day program and will kick your butt into shape. No weights or anything other than the dvds needed.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You also need to be watching your diet - exercise can only do so much...of you do want to tone and such you need to make sure you are getting enough to fuel your body and lots of good protien which has amino acids which aids in muscle repair (from breaking muscle fibers from exercising)
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Here are my favorite DVDs:
    Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones (absolute favorite...it is AMAZING!)
    - 6 week 6 pack
    - Ripped in 30
    - 30 Day Shred
    10 Minute Solution: Pilates
    Crunch: Yoga and Pilates Blend
    Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior
    Jackie Warner: Crunch Free Extreme Abs
    Ab Ripper X by P90X

I've had a lot of success mainly just doing these workouts at home. Good luck!! :D
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm doing JM's 6Week 6pack right now, I like it. I have a Jackie Warner circuit training one that has a 15 and 40 all over workouts plus some that are 10 or 15 that target certain muscle groups. wal mart has a decent selection of DVD's around 10$
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have done some of the FIRM workouts but I got bored easily with those. I have also done the 30DS and lost tons of inches...not so much weight but I shrunk! LOL!

Also No More trouble Zones is good! (I LOVE IT!)
    and
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (Killer!)

You can alternate between the last two since one is mainly strength training and the other is mainly cardio! They are about 50min long and seriously you can feel the burn on No more trouble zones and on Banish Fat boost Metabolism I felt I was gonna collapse LOL!

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I really like Jackie Warner's Extreme Time Saver, 30 minutes, really keeps your heart rate up while doing weights. I rotate that it with a few different JM videos.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For Cardio I would check out TurboFire, weights it has to be P90X.

Russ
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree with some of the others and I am finding out that no matter how much I work out diet is 1/2 the battle. Cutting back on sodium and added sugars is huge. Eating lean proteins, lots of veggies, drinking lots and lots of water. Anyway I am learning so I am no expert, but have seen a lot better results since I have been eating some of the things I mentioned above and no processed foods. Everything helps. Otherwise I love Insanity, Turbo Fire, 30 Day Shred. Good luck to you!!!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I alternate 3 JM dvds:

No More Trouble Zones (the best workout dvd ever)
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (I hate this but I do it twice a week anyway because it's such an intense cardio workout)
    6 week 6 pack (nowhere near as good as the two above, but still ok).

Love her. All Hail JM :laugh: .
  • Jori7071
    Jori7071 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I rotate between the 30 day shred, The Firm cardio/resistance bands workout and my absolute favorite Cathy Freiderick Total Body Step. I have got to be one of the only people left in the world that love a good step workout and this one she does a 10 minute cardio then a 5 minute weights three times so its an hour with the warm up and the cool down but I finish feeling like I worked it!