Looking for pals who haven't had weight loss surgery

Options
Just started using the boards this week. Been using MFP on my phone off and on for quite awhile. I added a bunch of friends but the majority of them have had weight loss surgery. It's touch to relate because of the lifestyle change they are forced to make after surgery. So I am looking for some pals who have weight to loss. I want to lose at least 70 lbs. looking forward to making new weight loss pals.
Karen:smile:

Replies

• RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 20 since Feb (10 before joing here) but I still have 20 to 30 (or 40 but I doubt that) :) The only surgery I man need is to have my man boobs reduce if they don't go down lol
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards and all the best for your journey!
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 since January without any gimic/fad diet or surgery. It should be more, but the empty calorie monster has gotten his fat little fingers back into my eating routine. Slow and steady, slow and steady! Good luck in your journey, and feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • MsLadyShell
    MsLadyShell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Karen I'm one of the people you've added and I'm curious as to what you know about WLS and what lifestyle changes we are "forced" to make that someone who chooses not to have WLS don't "need" to make? Granted I am FORCED to eat smaller portions but for ME I don't really see a difference with the LIFESTYLE choices I HAVE to make in order the lose weight and be healthy.

Just curious since you have been a weight loss counselor what you see if the "difference."

Ms Shell
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I lost 8 lbs prior to doing myfitnesspal. I just lost 3 in 3 weeks. It is tough but I am managing. :happy:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I had RNY in 2008 and don't see how it makes me any different than anyone else at this point. I have to eat right and exercise to keep the weight off just like everyone else.
  • mjjord
    mjjord Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I have lost 20 lbs so far. Twelve of those since I started using this. I have about 15 more to go.
  • jeany3
    jeany3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No weight loss surgery here. Also looking for pals for support.
  • WorkitoutBev
    WorkitoutBev Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me as well. I haven't had weight loss surgery, my doctor won't allow it. He told me to pull away for the table. And you know I got upset with him, now looking for a new doctor. I'm new to this as well, I started logging my food on Monday and looking forward to talking with you guys. Also I started the gym last week. I need all the suggestion and help that you all can offer.
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I havent had surgery. I'm on this long arduous road to healthier eating and exercise!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Omg my doctor said the same thing pull away and exercise. He does do diet pills or surgery.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm looking for some more friends. I have friends who have had surgery. It's not any easy way for sure, but I didn't want to do it. But I haven't always been overweight/obese. So I figure I should be able to lose it without surgery.
  • BOCESBOSS
    BOCESBOSS Posts: 4
    Options
    You can add me , looking to lose 92lbs myself . I am new to this myself .
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    The only surgery I had was having csection. But I am back on track and working out hard. I am working out with a personal trainer and I go to curves. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • earthquick
    earthquick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a 29 year old female. Looking to lose about 20 pounds. Would love some friends for support/motivation. Please add me
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have lost about 16 pounds in a month just eating healthy and regular exercise. I have over 100 pounds to lose so I am in this for the long haul.
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I want to add one thing... WLS and the word Gimmick should not be used in the same sentence. WLS is not a gimmick, it is a very hard decision to make for anyone, and is quite scary - however it has saved millions of lives. I say this with the utmost respect to anyone out there, no matter what choices we make.

Carry on. :)
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can add me! No surgery or weight loss pills for me. =) I already lost 20 pounds and I still have about 80 pounds to lose.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you can add me I lost weight by eating right, exersizing no surgery or anything of that for me.
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    hi there, you can add me. i plan on losing my weight the old fashion way, eating right and exercising =). Just take it one day at a time, you will get there.