Healthy Restaurants in the Austin/Round Rock Area?

Options
I am looking for healthy eating options, and am kinda getting sick of eating Subway. Any restaurants/meal suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• Kyokai
    Kyokai Posts: 11
    Options
    If you have the opportunity to visit any of the Whole Foods Markets - there are little healthy eating kioskes within them. :) I always have a healthy lunch at the Lamar Store. Pita Fusion is good as well, though I know you have listed that you are tired of Subway.

MamaFu's Asian House is also a healthy option too. Is there a type of food that you do not like?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    There are some GREAT vegetarian places in Austin, and if you ever come to San Marcos, a lot here, too! :)
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I know it's a chain, but Jason's deli can be a great alternative. I used to live int eh AUstin/Round Rock Area, but didn't really both to eat well when I did... I'll keep thinking on places though! What part of town do you live in?
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Kim Phung on N. Lamar has amazing spring rolls and wonton soup. Other sandwich spots (schlotzky's, thundercloud, etc.) have healthy options (i.e. turkey with tons of veggies and no mayo). Load up on fruit/water instead of chips/soda. Most restaurants have something healthy, even if it's just a salad with grilled chicken. We make tacos on corn tortillas with roasted chicken meat, homemade pico de gallo and salsa that are yummy and filling. You can do a lot with the HEB whole roasted chickens. I live in Austin and eat healthy easily. What part of town do you live in? Maybe I could suggest eateries near you.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Duh! I totally forgot about Thundercloud!! Yumm!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Thundercloud is by far about 209834798230472 times better than Subway, if you're looking for sandwiches, and it can be as healthy or unhealthy as you want it to be. The website has all their nutritional values posted.

But also, Central Market and Whole Foods delis are awesome, and there are several My Fit Foods locations around town. I love that place when I have to grab lunch at work or something, super healthy and delicious. Same with Snap Kitchen and Mel's Meals.
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Purple Bean. It's a food truck owned by friends of mine. All handmade from scratch.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I find healthy restaurants everywhere I go, just by using a simple formula. I just look for the ones that aren't crowded.
  • josh11morgan
    josh11morgan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in Round Rock, and work up in Georgetown.
  • josh11morgan
    Options
    I don't think there are any partiuclar foods that I don't like, my weakness is barbecue and Mexican food.
  • josh11morgan
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I am definitely familiar with whole foods and Central Market. Plus Jimmy John's, Thunderclouds, Schlotzsky's, and Jason's Deli are all in my typical sandwich rotation. I look forward to trying Snap Kitchen, Mel's Meals, My Fit Foods, Pita Fusion, Kim Phung, and the Purple Bean. I've been cooking a lot lately, and just would like to have more healthier options when I don't feel like it.