temptations at work

Options
I've been pretty good about fighting them and keep healthy alternatives handy (apples, carrots, almonds) but my coworkers are constantly bringing in cookies and cupcakes and delicious looking snacks that they leave in our kitchen. to top it off my company ALWAYS has luncheons. I can't say no everyday when everyone else is indulging...i try to work off the calories but as you all know, baked goods are SO high in calories and it's impossible to work them off completely

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, you just gotta be strong & walk away 90% of the time. It's takes discipline but can be done!
  • Hatedabears
    Hatedabears Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eat half a cookie, chew up the salads at the luncheons, plan ahead when you know there is a function. Stay out of the kitchen area and go for a walk. Just cuz others are indulging does not mean you have to join in. Bring healthy snacks and put them next to the cookies in the lounge so you have something good to eat. You will find others will indulge in the healthy stuff. If you want to lose the weight you will need to say no to overindulging on the bad stuff. Will power. Trust me it can be done.
  • mcknz121
    mcknz121 Posts: 44
    Options
    thanks a million for your help guys....i'd like to say that i successfully passed up bagels, pastries, cookies, pasta and candy today
  • KimboSlice87
    Options
    Oh I have the same problem. I work at a doctors office and patients bring me food all the time. And the one girl I work with loves to bake and just the other day she brought in home made dougnuts! YIKES! but working here I have lost 40lbs, so I know its possible! You just have to have the right mind set. I just keep telling myself (its kind of mean) that I don't want to look like them, but that works for me. But whatever your mind set is be strong! Im sure you get past the next cookie tray! Good Luck!