tea/coffee

Options
phn1001
phn1001 Posts: 39 Member
Do you include these in your water? Some yes it is a liquid it counts others say no if it"s caffinated. Please help

Replies

• phn1001
    Options
    please help me
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I count mine, but not in my water... water is water
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    to me...water is ONLY water, with nothing in it. Tea is tea and coffee is coffee. So no, I wouldn't count them.
  • heatherrein09
    Options
    I don't count them from coffee or tea but I do count my water that I add crystal light to go packs to.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't count them in my water drinking
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If I eat or drink anything I log it. But only water is water!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I count them in my diary (cause I add a little milk and sugar so its a whopping 22cals LOL) but no, the only thing I count as water is the water I drink from a glass.
  • chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of tea also. I do not count them into my daily water intake.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My own, personal, strange motto: if you add NOTHING to your tea or coffee, then yes, it goes toward your water. But once you start adding creamer and sugar to those, it takes away from the "water" idea.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It counts. Don't believe the hooey about the caffeine negating the hydrating effects, either.

Unfortunately, any sugar/creamer/flavor you add to your coffee and tea counts as well!
  • phn1001
    Options
    Thanks so much that is how I have been doing it. 1 more question I really don't like water and it takes a lot to get to 8 glasses. My container holds three cups. Do you thin adding crystal light individuals to 2 full bottles is too much aspertame

Thanks again
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is silly. If you drink something with water in it, it will hydrate you.

Tea as an example is a colloid and a solution. What is the difference between eating a tea leaf and then drinking a glass of water? Or just drinking the brewed tea? Nothing.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I count it, but in a different way. The diuretic effect in a cup of tea or coffee isn't "significant" enough to make you dehydrated. It's still water. But say I drank two 8oz cups of coffee, I'd only count 1 cup of water.

It's really up to you. Some people are strict and say only "pure", calorie-free water counts. I usually put crystal light or some lemon in my water, so if I went along their guidelines, I'd average maybe 2 cups of water per day lol. My method, I average 10 cups of water.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only count iced coffee if I eat the ice afterwards (I just love to!)

I don't drink tea, but I do count water with flavoring in it.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much that is how I have been doing it. 1 more question I really don't like water and it takes a lot to get to 8 glasses. My container holds three cups. Do you thin adding crystal light individuals to 2 full bottles is too much aspertame

Thanks again

Any aspartame is too much. you'd do better by eliminating all those artificial sweeteners...
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I count my tea as water, because it is mostly water and the water will be absorb by your body as such.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I count them in my diary (cause I add a little milk and sugar so its a whopping 22cals LOL) but no, the only thing I count as water is the water I drink from a glass.

^^^ This.
  • minnielovesmickey
    minnielovesmickey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I drink green tea daily & I count it as water
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Well if your tea is caffeine free than I'd consider it to count as water free because caffeinated items can dehydrate you.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Thanks again

Again it varies by person. Some people think that aspartame or any artificial sweetener is pure poison so they avoid it. I'm a fan of crystal light because it helps me drink enough water. One packet for 3 cups is perfect. Two little packets of crystal light per day isn't going to harm you. Now if you had like 200 packets per day, you might have a problem.

Don't worry! Whatever helps you to get your water :)