Whey Protein Shake

Options
seafolk
seafolk Posts: 9
I just bought a tub of whey protein powder and I have no idea how to consume it! I used to eat protein bars but they were all soy protein which is no bueno for me. Does anyone have any good recipes for a simple low-fat protein shake?

All the ones I find online are like intricate recipes that involve bananas and other ingredients. I want something simple that won't take a lot of my daily calorie allowance away.

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    milk, strawberries and bananas. Thats all I use. Its simple and helps the taste.
  • mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i sometimes use pineapple with a bit of coconut extract...mmm pina colada
  • socalgirl68
    socalgirl68 Posts: 85
    Options
    Is it chocolate whey?

Mocha Protein Shake:
    Instant coffee or already made and chilled coffee
    Protein powder
    Honey
    1 cup- 1 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetend
    nut butter of desired
    Lots and Lots of ice!

Blend. When I say lots and lots of ice, I mean LOTS! (to make a frappe :)

If it is vanilla use vanilla and add 1 tbs. cocoa powder
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like mine with berries, TONS of ice and coconut milk.
  • dstaylor124
    Options
    User frozen fruit and whip it up in a blender. This morning I had spinach, frozen strawberries, frozen pineapple, non-fat milk, ground flax seed, and vanilla whey protein. If the spinach doesn't sound enticing, skip it.

My daughter's favorite: frozen bananas, dash of chocolate syrup, a teaspoon of peanut butter, nonfat milk, and vanilla whey protein. I make it for me and leave out the chocolate and peanut butter, it's delicious.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    There should be directions on the container. Depending on the kind you got you can just mix a scoop with water, milk, soymilk, etc.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    If I am in a rush I just drink it plain with only water. Normally I blend in 1/2 a cup of whatever fresh fruit I have on hand and 1/2 a cup of whatever frozen fruit I have around. I like to keep it simple!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like mine simple. I slice up and freeze a banana, then I use my magic bullet to mix the frozen banana, strawberries, and about a 1/2 cup of Almond milk with my whey... yummy, easy, and simple!!
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If I am in a rush I just drink it plain with only water. Normally I blend in 1/2 a cup of whatever fresh fruit I have on hand and 1/2 a cup of whatever frozen fruit I have around. I like to keep it simple!
    Im with you on that one!!!!! Just put it, water, and if you have the time, a bit of fruit and blend it up!!
    If you're only using water you probably will manage by shaking it in a shaker- you wont have to blend it.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1 or two scoops in plain water or skim milk, shake, enjoy!
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I always opt for fruit smoothies in the AM

I toss in:

1 cup of frozen fruits (blueberries, strawberries, triple berries, tropical mixed fruit, etc.)
    1 cup of water
    1 or 2 scoop whey protein

Put it in my magic bullet and instant smoothie goodness.
    Total of anywhere between 280- 373 calories :drinker:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I blend my chocolate whey protein isolate powder with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 2 tbsp of PB2. Yummmmmmmmm.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Well, most basic, just put water or milk and ice and then blend. I like mine with 1/2c nonfat cottage cheese, 1/2c water, ice, psyllium husk powder (it basically is fiber, but also a thickening agent), protein powder, and sometimes mint extract or chocolate pudding mix if I'm in the mood.
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get the chocolate flavor. Add 1 scoop to water, mix well and then I put it in the freezer while I am working out. Then it is nice and slushie when I am done exercising. Makes it go down much smoother. Personally I have found that nothing can help the flavor of the vanilla flavored drinks. They are just nasty.
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    I use water for the liquid and sweeten it to taste with Splenda, if I want or need extra calories I will add blueberries or strawberries. Once I also added a teaspoon of sugar free Hershey's Chocolate Syrup with my blueberries and it was delicious.