me, 50 pounds later [pics inside]

Options
So lately my life has been upside down, my finals not really going the way I hoped, my things being stolen. I know that it doesn't sound great but other than my laptop it was just clothing. Probably the only positive thing about that is that I had to go buy new things and found out that I went from nearly 2XL shirts to a comfy fitting L and from 44inch-waist pants to 36. And although I still have a gut I'm pretty confident saying that I'm starting to look at least normal.

January 20th - 112 kg (247 pounds) week after I started
week_1.jpg

May 17th - 90 kg (198 pounds) four months later
week_15.jpg

Also as of today I'm no longer in the 200 pounds zone - after pretty much 6 years (just FYI I'm 21)

Replies

• wiregrrl
    wiregrrl Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow! Keep up the good work!
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    That's awesome - you're doing a great job. The weight loss is definitely working for you ;)
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    huge congrats. well done. ur young n can achieve anything :O))
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Huge Difference!! Congrats!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Super :) And hey, you should have a smile on your face :).
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Congrats!
  • BunxBun
    BunxBun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • lorena1120
    lorena1120 Posts: 9
    Options
    good job!!!!!!!!!!!! what a huge difference!!!! but u should smile, If that were me I would be cheesing so hard. Keep it up
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow u have done an amazing job!
  • Zanymom
    Zanymom Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow that is great; how did you do it? I have to lose 20lbs from my gut and it's not going so well!!!! Great job!!!
  • markmeus
    markmeus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'm 23 and am currently 241lbs, hope to get down below 200, only started about a month ago and I'm making slow progress. Would love to you what your routine is?
  • Polebarbie
    Polebarbie Posts: 84
    Options
    Wow that's so amazing
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weightloss! Sorry things aren't going so well for you. Keep your chin up.
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You are looking incredible! Congrats! You look MUCH younger in the after picture! Keep going strong!
  • jestersvk
    jestersvk Posts: 49
    Options
    good job!!!!!!!!!!!! what a huge difference!!!! but u should smile, If that were me I would be cheesing so hard. Keep it up

Yeah I know... I'm pretty happy ever since I can go up a flight of stairs without sweating like a pig and berthing heavily but as you can see on my "hairstyle" :D I took it in the morning and I really hate mornings... :D

Great work! I'm 23 and am currently 241lbs, hope to get down below 200, only started about a month ago and I'm making slow progress. Would love to you what your routine is?

Well in the past few weeks I didn't stick to my exercise plan and I didn't loose too much but my belly shrunk noticeably even to me. Usually though I go swimming 4-5 times a week (45 minutes) running 1-3 times a week (20-30 minutes) (I hate running but it helped my stamina the most) and lately I started doing push-ups (50 a day) and sit ups (100 a day).
    Exercise is only one part of my weight loss. If I wouldn't change my eating habits (drinking 4 liters of cola a day, and eating chocolates and other sweets by the handfull) the exercise wouldn't even scratch the surface. I went from cola to tap or mineral water, from as much chocolate and sweets as I wanted to no sweets, and from eating as much as I could without feeling too sick, to controling my portion carefully and I changed what I eat but not too much (I would say that I wasn't eating too badly just too much). And of course don't forget about chat days. We are only human and if we don't somehow silence those voices inside us which tell you to have another coke, or snickers or pack of chips, then we would fail completely. Of course you can't end up with 7 cheat days a week, that's how we got where we don't want to be in the first place :).

Also I think that age has another part in this. The younger you are the easier you can loose wight since your metabolism is still pretty fast (unless you have some medical condition) so I think it's great that you chose to lose weight while you are still young.

PS Thank you all for the support it was one of the things that kept me going...
  • Swopkin
    Swopkin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Such a cutie too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!