Feeling Defeated

I am royally feeling defeated! I have never weighed this much in my life and please don't judge when I say I weight 135. I know there are a tons of women who would like to weight that but I have always been 120-125 and I feel gross. I know I only have myself to blame for gaining this unwanted 15 pounds. I am mentally feeling like I am stuck being this gross. I guess I just needed to rant a bit. Today I began my true journey. No coffee, no sugar and no alcohol. That is how I need to start bc those are my triggers.

Replies

• Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    I am royally feeling defeated! I have never weighed this much in my life and please don't judge when I say I weight 135. I know there are a tons of women who would like to weight that but I have always been 120-125 and I feel gross. I know I only have myself to blame for gaining this unwanted 15 pounds. I am mentally feeling like I am stuck being this gross. I guess I just needed to rant a bit. Today I began my true journey. No coffee, no sugar and no alcohol. That is how I need to start bc those are my triggers.

I guess the first obvious question is why you posted this in the "success stories" board? :wink:

Feeling good in your own skin is relative. You know what your triggers are, so by journaling and holding yourself accountable, you will see change. Good luck! :)
  • Oh no! I cannot believe I did that! How do I move this to the right board?
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    I personally would suggest in working on the 3 triggers one at a time, to cut thm all out at once and to binge on them or slip up might just cause you to throw your hands up and say what is the point.

At least you have noticed it at 135lbd and not 145lbs or 160lbs.
    Visit fat2fitradio.com use their bmr tools and work out The calories u need to be eating to lose weight slow and steady so it's stays off for good.

I started here in February and lost 9lbs in 8 weeks using MFP 1200 cals a day recommendation then I got stuck I was running out of energy to exercise and feeling crabby all the time and i gained 3lbs back, I now eat 1578 a day and am slowly losing weight back to a 9lb loss.

Wishing you well on your future weightloss
  • Zanymom
    Zanymom Posts: 6
    I know how you feel exactly; i had always been very tiny; flat stomach etc. Then I hit my 40's and it goes on fast and is sooooooooooo hard to take off. I do not really gain much except for just in my stomach. I always use to weight about 107lbs to 113lbs but now I weight 140lbs :( and I HATE it. I'm not that tall so I feel old; short & frumpy. I have watched what I have eaten
    for months now and exercised but can't lose???? It's getting me so frustrated and never mind clothes; i look about 4 mos pregnant in any tops I wear. :(
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member

I guess the first obvious question is why you posted this in the "success stories" board? :wink:

Feeling good in your own skin is relative. You know what your triggers are, so by journaling and holding yourself accountable, you will see change. Good luck! :)

^^^^Lol maybe that's a good omen!!!

Good Luck, you can do this!!!!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    First of all congrats on being down 1 pound and congrats on being here!!!

We all are at different places, yes, I'd do nearly anything to have your problem but that's not where I'm at.

Just work hard and stick to your goals and you can do it and get back to a weight you are comfortable at in no time!
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Seriously? We are complaining about being a totally healthy weight? How annoying
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Seriously? We are complaining about being a totally healthy weight? How annoying

We're all here because we want to be our best selves, and live in the fittest, strongest, most beautiful bodies we are capable of achieving. Whether that means losing 6 pounds, 60 pounds, or 160 pounds, we're all doing the same work for the same goals. Please don't bash someone else's goals just because they are different than yours.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member

We're all here because we want to be our best selves, and live in the fittest, strongest, most beautiful bodies we are capable of achieving. Whether that means losing 6 pounds, 60 pounds, or 160 pounds, we're all doing the same work for the same goals. Please don't bash someone else's goals just because they are different than yours.

^^^ Thank you!
  • Thank you.

I actually am NOT at a totally healthy weight. I have a doctors report saying I am pre-diabetic so I know that I am not healthy.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member

Very well said!!!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165

Very well said!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Thank you.

I actually am NOT at a totally healthy weight. I have a doctors report saying I am pre-diabetic so I know that I am not healthy.

that is a healthy weight, but you yourself are not healthy. Pre-diabetic means that you need to change your way of eating to avoid developing diabetes. When I was first diagnosed as pre-diabetic, my doctor told me to cut my net carbs down to 50 per day before trying any medication--it worked. In the last 4 years I had some issues, and gained 50 pounds. I went back to my lower carb lifestyle, and I have lost 6+ pounds in less than 2 weeks.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    I completely understand what you mean and how you feel.

I'm at my heaviest jumping between 135 - 140. Last summer I was weighing 119-125. I don't know how this extra weight snuck in but I believe it has something to do with drinking a lot of alcohol and not watching what I eat as much.

However, as much as I get upset sometimes about my little pooch, or a little extra jiggle, I try and stay confident knowing that I eat healthier than 90% of my friends. I bike to work. I walk everywhere. I hike. I run. This extra weight I have is from loving and living my life. So my goal is to maintain it so it doesn't get out of control.

Don't look to lose this weight in a month, or two months. It will be a long process. Tone up. Get healthy. You may only lose .3 - .5 pounds a week. Don't just stop eating. Don't just give up the things you love. Find ways to incorporate them.

I didn't quit drinking. I just drink a lot less. I didn't quit drinking coffee, I just switched to drinking it black, AFTER I've eaten breakfast and drank water.
  • I have been sugar and caffeine free for 4 days now! Wow! That really isn't easy at all. But I have gone from 134.8 to 132.0 pounds in those 4 days so I am very happy about that. I am being diligient with my water intake and with my exercsie so kaleas you are right, I do need to just be patient with myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!