Stupid thunder thighs!!

Options
I so very badly want to be able to run in shorts but everything I try my thighs rub together and chafe :cry: I know it's silly but I usually run in the afternoon and I don't want tan lines from running capris or shorts now to my knees :sad: . Does anyone have any suggestions that might make it easier to run in shorts????

Replies

• cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Seriously no one has any advice :(
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Have you tried running tights that go down to the ankles?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Spandex shorts underneath.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    You can buy anti-chafing cream, or use baby powder. I can't remember off the top of my head what it's called, but I've seen commercials for a couple of different ones.
  • anilyze
    anilyze Posts: 67
    Options
    Body lube and running skirts.

Or try some compression shorts like these - http://cw-x.com/ExploreProducts.aspx?gender=womens&product=tights&by=collection&sub=pro&id=1379

I wear those under dresses to run and they do not ride up (and I have lots of jiggly skin in the thighs from a 125lb loss).
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. The only advice I have is to wear spandex shorts underneath your regular shorts and that should reduce the chafing. Hope this helps! :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the athletic shorts for under your shorts? I have a pair of spandex black workout shorts that I wear under my shorts on workout days that I'm doing exercises that end up showing too much under my shorts. But I would think they would work for that too since they are smooth.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I use body glide between my legs and it does wonders. Ran a half marathon, chub rub and all, in short shorts and had zero chafing thanks to body glide :)
  • miniragtop
    miniragtop Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wear bike shorts for running. The stay in place and won't ride up plus they help keep my thighs in control!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Body glide helps, but I just wear capris.
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! I'm definitely going to try everyone's advice and see what works best! Thanks again
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    vegtable oil???
  • anilyze
    anilyze Posts: 67
    Options
    added a link to my post above.
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with thunder thighs lol trust me :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Baby powder or corn starch.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I so very badly want to be able to run in shorts but everything I try my thighs rub together and chafe :cry: I know it's silly but I usually run in the afternoon and I don't want tan lines from running capris or shorts now to my knees :sad: . Does anyone have any suggestions that might make it easier to run in shorts????

spandex shorts worked for me, when I had the issue. Spandex shorts, and then shorts over top. you wont have any chaffing ever again I promise!!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Spandex running shorts. I have large thighs and have always worn them during summer runs - also a fan of Body Glide.

http://www.shop.runningroom.com/index.php?cPath=704_706&mode=all
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Body Glide!
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Unscented anti-antiperspirant is another alternative to body glide. Cheaper, and just as effective.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband swears by BODY GLIDE - it's like a clear deodorant stick. You can use it just about any where on your body where stuff rubs. I know you can get it at Eastern Mountain Sports, REI, etc. but probably Amazon.