Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello!

So I joined MFP around a year ago but then I just kind of forgot about it and fell behind in my routine, blah, blah blah. I'm back now though and I'm ready to lose some weight!

I'm a 21 year old college junior (eep) and I plan on getting into the Police Academy once I graduate. I'm 5'4" and looking to lose about 30-35 pounds. I'm looking for anyone with similar weight loss goals or just someone to help motivate me to be my friend on here!

Replies

• RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Feel free to add me. While we are very different (I'm a 41 yr old male) I'll be more then happy to be there for support. by having friends here, we can modivate everyone. Best of luck :)
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    HELLoooooo Kelleytime09. I am 5'3" looking to lose around 45-50lbs due to already being overweight and recently giving birth to my 2nd child. I'm adding you as a friend so we can support each other. Wish you luck!
  • I'm in. Looking to lose about the same.... Here goes. :)
  • wendy8883
    wendy8883 Posts: 50
    Same goals feel free to add me!!
  • Hello! :D I added most of you. So glad to see that I'm not alone on my weight loss journey!
  • hi, I have just recently joined 2nd day :) i am here to find support and friends, I am 51 years old and not at my best peak, please feel free to add me Trying to lose about 50 to 60 pounds Goal is to get there in the next 6 months
  • bryndakat
    bryndakat Posts: 3 Member
    I'm Brynda, and I just joined here today. I am rededicating myself to this weight loss thing for the hundredth time, but I gotta keep trying! My boyfriend and I are both overweight, so we're working on this together. I need to lose 60 lbs to feel like I'm at a good place. Good luck to everyone!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Hi. I'm Tina, and have been battling extra weight since I was in high school. Marriage (23 years and counting!) and 5 kids later, and I am stuck with much more weight than I ever thought I would. I've been slowly working towards eating healthier over the last year or so. I just joined MFP last month, but didn't really start to use the food and exercise diaries until mid-April. I've dropped 4 lbs so far, but it's a start. Ideally I want to drop another 60 lbs, but I'll be happy if I can get to the point where I can look down and see my toes without bending forward. :smile:

I have an on again/off again love affair with my gym. Right now it's on, and I'm working on a program (C25K) that will hopefully help me to be able to run a 5K. I may not manage it this summer, but I want to be able to by next spring. My kids are grown and almost grown, so I have more time to myself to devote to exercise once my part time job is over for the day, which helps. I am off all summer long and want to devote more time to the gym if I can possibly do it.

I figured it was meant to be, joining this site, when I heard about it from a good friend and then my mother, both within a week of each other, so here I am. I hope to find someone to help motivate each other in this journey.