looking for motivation

Options
Hello all, I've been using MFP for about 2 weeks now on my phone, first time actually on the site. I am looking for friends to help motivate me in continuing this journey. Along with working in a pizza restaurant, I am dealing with the stress of my father's recent passing and everything that comes along with that. I have had a weight problem since about middle school, and have tried just about everything. I really need help with getting my butt out there and exercising, and to stay away from stress eating (or eating out of boredom). Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• Missylea21
    Missylea21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend. We all need motivation!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    You can add me if you want Im sorry about that you l recently lost you dad My dad passed 3 years ago on the 12th of may I still miss him :(:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :angry: :cry: :cry:
  • momxs5
    momxs5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    would love to help with support. I have lost 85 pounds over the last 4 years. my biggest word of advice is to make gradual changes. This will give you time to make those changes habits. You mentioned that this is the first time to the message boards....me too. What are you finding the most challenging...the eating or the exercise. You know that to lose weight you have to do both. Don't let that scare you, for the first two years of this journey the only exercise I did was walking...but I did it EVERY DAY. I look forward to hearing more from you. :smile:
  • JimmyfromNYC
    JimmyfromNYC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jim. Since Ive joined MFP I have made a few really good friends who have been helping me a lot. Whenever I need advice, inspiration, motivation etc they always come through. I'd be happy to return the favor and be your friend. I'll send you a friend request.
  • WonderWomanDawn
    Options
    you can add me as a friend...i have had a weight problem all my life...mine all started when my parents divorced when i was about 6 and i was a latchkey kid on top of that..i was teased about my weight and i "ate" my feelings...i am still struggling with that...
  • mrssleepybutt
    Options
    at this point, the challenge is more the exercise than the eating.