Need help!

Options
okay so i workout everyday and i just cant seem to lose weight...im usually a little under my cal intake but im not that hungry so why should i eat if im not hungry i wouldnt say i dont eat a lot cause i kind of do i just eat healthy so what should i do can you guys take a look at my diary and tell me if i should eat more and what will get me to my goal cal intake for today

Replies

• Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Need to make it public.
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    sorry i thought it was public i fixed it so it now is
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? Because if you are, you are way undereating.
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    i am but like im just not hungry anymore should i try eating more to fill up my cals and if so any good helahty snack ideas
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    i'm in the same boat!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    i am but like im just not hungry anymore should i try eating more to fill up my cals and if so any good helahty snack ideas

You should eat so you do not have a 'green' number anymore (or near enough) - ie. eat your calorie.

Good 'snacks'
    :
    Nuts
    Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower)
    Peanut Butter
    Avocados
    No low-fat anything (i.e. full fat yoghurt, milk, butter).

ETA: today was actually pretty good - just add one more tbsp of peanut butter, add a little butter to the veggies, and change out the yoghurt to full fat - and you would be there.
  • stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm not one to harp on eating back exercise calories when they've eaten at LEAST 1200 calories, but under 1000 calories is just way too low, at that point yes you should force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. You will do what you want to do no matter what anyone says, but my advice is to eat 1200 calories no matter what!!! Especially if you are exercising.
  • Jenn264
    Jenn264 Posts: 43
    Options
    Idk if this will help. Some tips my trainer gave me

1. Make sure you are confusing your body as in don't do the same workout every time and if you're walking the tredmill increase the incline for a few minutes. Just don't let you're body get used to it keep changing it up and increasing it!

2. Make sure you are getting plenty of water everyday. I carry a camelbak water bottle with me everywhere.

3. Don't workout 7 days a week, give your body time to rest.

4. What I do is make sure I watch my sodium & sugar by tracking my food on mfp :)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :) HOPE THIS HELPED! I've lost 37 lbs so far!
  • Jenn264
    Jenn264 Posts: 43
    Options
    sorry one more thing. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, then dinner. At least eat something for your meals! Get your body used to eating proper meals and all!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means ( I keep losing and gaining the same 10 lbs), but I would not force yourself to eat if you are not hungry, this is how many of us got here to begin with by eating without being hungry. I agree with the other poster about adding higher calorie healthy foods to your diet. Throw some protein powder in there, that should help too.
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    if i do eat back the calories i worked off do you think it will help me loose more weight?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    if i do eat back the calories i worked off do you think it will help me loose more weight?

In the long run yes. Basically, if you do not, your create a very big deficit. Having too large of a deficit potentially has additional direct and indirect implications, including less energy, metabolic slowdown, less nutrition, weigh gain when eating at maintenance and 'falling off the wagon'

To be honest, eating more will initially slow the weight loss down (but some folks actually find an immediate drop in weight when they upp their calories) but it is by far healthier and more sustainable.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? Because if you are, you are way undereating.

I think you need to eat more too