Healthy Lean Ground Beef recipies??

Options
Does anyone have any? I am tired of chili, spaghetti, and burgers. Is there anything else??

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention meat loaf. Have you made that lately? If you use lean ground beef and egg white instead of whole egg that would make it less calories.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In a pinch you can do a hamburger helper meal and use lean beef and skim milk for stroganoff.
  • annasid78
    Options
    I could try meatloaf... I am not a big fan.

This beef was given to us. So I am not in a practice of having it in the house...
  • Solandra
    Options
    I'll second stroganoff and add meatballs!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    tacos
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    How about stuffed cabbage or stuffed bell peppers? I don't know what the nutritional content would be.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I made these a couple weeks ago with 97% lean ground beef and they were excellent!

Diner Meat Loaf 'Muffins'

Yield
    6 servings (serving size: 2 "muffins")

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup ketchup, divided
    1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
    1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
    2 tablespoons prepared mustard
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 large eggs
    Cooking spray

Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.

Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:276 (28% from fat)
    Fat:8.6g (sat 3g,mono 4g,poly 0.8g)
    Protein:28.7g
    Carbohydrate:21.7g
    Fiber:1.8g
    Cholesterol:131mg
    Iron:3.9mg
    Sodium:759mg
    Calcium:48mg
  • MissSunkiss
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hamburger-Soup-III/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggplant-Supper-Soup/Detail.aspx

Also, there is a recipe my dad made all the time, it was great.

*kitten* on a Shingle
    You brown up your ground beef, then from the oils from the beef make a gravy, you can use skim milk and cornstarch (doesnt have a flavor) to help thicken it up, add salt and pepper and some garlic. Then, as the gravy is thicking you will fry up some poatates, we used hashbrowns, but you can do any style you like, some people even like rice instead of the potatoes. You pour the mixture over the potatoes or rice and serve. I always put a little sour cream on top. (lite)

Nom nom nom!! ^.^
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Those diner meat loaf muffins are one of my all time favorite recipes on here, you HAVE to try them!!
  • juliep63
    Options
    you should totally try fajitas - low fat cheese, salsa, whole wheat tortilla and some lean ground beef... delicious :love:
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    to liven up the meatloaf, I add feta cheese, chopped onion, and chopped spinach. i use one egg white, and one stale piece of bread, to lessen the calories. then, to season, i add in cumin and chopped parsley (in addition to garlic powder, black pepper, worcheshire sauce, etc.) i do not use ketchup.

you can also use the same substitutes and make meatballs to put in a pita or sauce.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    What I'm making tonight.

Stuffed Peppers.

either lean ground beef or ground turkey breast.

you sautee it with minced onions, chopped tomato, diced garlic, mushrooms, chicken broth, and about 1 cup of long grain wild rice.

Only cook the rice about 1/2 as long as it says, then mix the ingredients in a bowl, add a little italian seasoning (oregano, sage, basil, marjoram), cut the tops off 4 large bell peppers and clean out the insides (make sure you take any stickers off the peppers!), stuff the peppers, put the tops back on them, cover them in tin foil and bake at 325 for 45 minutes, take the tin foil off, then add a small amount of your favorite cheese, and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes.

pretty easy to make, prep takes about 5 to 10 minutes, and then you just bake, voila, delicious.

Either eat them as is, or add a little healthy choice tomato sauce over the top for a little more flavor.
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Have you tried Sloppy Joes on whole wheat/low cal buns or tacos/burritos/taco salad? For tacos/burritos/taco salad, I mix 1 lb. of ground beef (browned and drained) with one can of pinto beans - then add some seasonings (chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, etc.). Add to taco shells, low cal tortillas, or to a bed of lettuce along with some low fat cheese, tomatos, salsa. Can also make quesadillas by laying tortilla out flat on sprayed skillet, sprinkle with cheese, spread out beef/bean mixture. Serve with salsa, quacamole (avocado mashed and mixed with salsa), low fat/fat free sour cream. Also can do pita pizzas - take whole wheat pita bread, slather with pasta/pizza sauce, top with cooked/drained ground beef, veggies, and low fat cheese - then broil for a few minutes.
  • annasid78
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas!

I did tacos, they were great
    stuffed peppers are a great idea - although I havn't got around to it, yet.
    The meatloaf ideas are great... I just can't seem to do it... meatloaf creaps me out. lol
    I also made some hamburger soup. MMM it was good!
    -tomato juice and beef broth for the base
    - lots of carrots, green beans, spinach, onions, green peppers, mush, etc
    -some corn, peas, potatoes
    -cooked and crumbled hamburger
    -spiced with garlic, bayleaves etc.