Hello to all you lids

Options
Hello lids,

I'v had this app on my phone for a while but not really used it. Into it now for the last stretch of my weight loss whirlwind haha.

I'v lost over 2 and a half stone over the last 2 months. I would like to get to my weight to be what it was summer 2009, around 10 stone. I worked as entertainment staff so was busy 6 days a week. I had a boyfriend at that time but when I left the active job the following Easter I piled on the pounds as I was body confident with this person and felt comfortable in my body for the first time ever and as they say you put weight on when your happy and I was. Unfortunately the relationship ended so I thought I'd get back into shape for many reasons including to get my health back and sort out other things too.

So why don't you all share your stories and weight loss tips with each other

Replies

• Lindamack5987
    Lindamack5987 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hey Linda here,
    I'm 5'2" 172 lbs. I've lost 30 lbs and need to lose another 25 or so.
  • chief_roberts89
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I would say my weight but who know who might read this haha.

I will disclose my weight soon though when I'm a little more confident about it.

Do you have any good and cheap, as I am a student, ways/ideas to lose weight fast Linda? :)
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok, I may sound pretty stupid...what's a lid?
  • chief_roberts89
    Options
    Haha It's not stupid.. A lid is like slang for mate, pal, lad haha It's very British.

I use it the word too much if I had a jar and put a penny in the jar for every time I'v said it over like the last 5 years I'd be a multi millionaire haha
  • RunawayDaisy
    Options
    When I was in my 20's I lost 60 pounds in 4 months. I did this by simply not ingesting more than 20 fat grams a day- and walking was my only exercise. Fat grams are easy to talley in your head and you would be surprised how many things you can eat if you just pay attention to them. (Lean Cuisine is a life saver!) and they are yummo! I have also heard alot about small meals/snacks every two hours to boost your metabolism. I always had a treat day as well. If I wanted a cheeseburger I would get a kid meal-just enough to satisfy the craving. Be warned once reducing your fat intake like that once you binge on something greasy it will upset your tummy. I kept the weight off two years- then married and had 2 kids back to back. So here I am again on the journey to weight loss- I will say its proving much tougher in my late 30's
  • chief_roberts89
    Options
    I do quite a bit of exercise to pass the time in the evening as UK TV is very poor and I enjoy keeping fit always have done.

I can't remember the last time I had a McDonald's or things along those lines they don't really agree with me any more.

I found the first part of the weight loss quite easy but I think I have hit the wall haha.

Not eating anything different than before or exercising any less I'm working out more I'd say. Weird!