5K Suggestions - Toronto Area

Options
michcruz
michcruz Posts: 152 Member
So last night I realized that I can't do my very first 5k run in July after all. :(

I have marriage prep courses that conflict with the date I'm supposed to do the run. I do ; however, still have a goal to complete a 5k. Thankfully to a friend's suggestion, some of my friends and I are going to sign up for a 5k in the summer to keep me and them motivated. We're all very excited! We're not really runners so we don't even know where to start...lol. We're hoping to do a run with a good cause behind it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for 5K's in the Toronto area?

Replies

• kimberleedawn2012
    kimberleedawn2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very late I know but the MetCon right out side of Barrie is going to be amazing.
  • getwhatugive
    Options
    google roadrunners club in your area, I bet there is one. They will list every race in your area. Otherwise check out The Running Room, they will also have a list. Also training programs to get you ready and they don't cost much.
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    If you go to the Running Room website and check under the Races tab you can search by month.

In July, maybe the Beaches Jazz Tune Up (July 29)? It's down on the Beach during the jazz festival, so fun atmosphere. The Toronto Women's series is lots of fun - the 5k and 10k races are in August. They benefit the Pediatric Oncology Group, Toronto firefighters volunteer at the water stations and there is always chocolate at the finish line! In September, there's the Energizer Night Race and Zoo Run, which are also lots of fun.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you go to the Running Room website and check under the Races tab you can search by month.

and there are lots of races in the 905 belt too, you shouldn't have any problems finding something that suits your schedule.