Walking Field Trip - NSV!

Options
I had a nice NSV today! My son is in first grade, and had a walking field trip to the park. It is about 0.7 miles from the school to the entrance of the park. He asked me if I would go, and I said yes, without hesitation. I walked there, then all over the park while there, and back to the school, and stayed for lunch. My son was so very happy to have me there. I had a realization when I got home....109 days ago, I would have not been ABLE to go on that walk. I would have probably driven to the park, then sat on the bench the whole time. I didn't sit today, but for about five minutes, right before we headed back. I know, it is not that far, but, I was so unfit when I began this that I couldn't even walk 1/4 mile! I may still have a LONG way to go in my journey, but I have come far already in the short time I have been here. :happy:

Replies

• Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awww such an awesome NSV! And I bet it meant the world to your son.
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Awww that was a beautiful NSV keep up the great work::)
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awww such an awesome NSV! And I bet it meant the world to your son.

Thanks! We went on a field trip to the Children's Museum last week, and that was a lot of walking, too! He loves me being there for all of his school stuff! I am unemployed at the moment, so it worked out that I could do this. First time ever I have been able to be involved.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    Awww that was a beautiful NSV keep up the great work::)

Thanks!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    there are just so many levels of victory in your field trip :) congratulations and here's to many more field trips!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    there are just so many levels of victory in your field trip :) congratulations and here's to many more field trips!

Thanks!
  • KsCrafter
    KsCrafter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV and I bet your son was one happy camper!!! Keep up the good work
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV and I bet your son was one happy camper!!! Keep up the good work

Thanks!
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    excellent! i'm so glad your son got to experience that with you!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    excellent! i'm so glad your son got to experience that with you!

Yes, he was very happy to have me with him.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!