Your Garage Gym

Options
So the weekend is nearly here and I am starting to do my own garage gym. This will take some time, so in the meantime I want to see your garage gym. Classy, filthy, high tech, bare bones. Don't be shy. Show us where your magic happens. Also feel free to add any tips, essential equipment or wisdom you may have to offer.

Replies

• tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't have a garage gym.. I have a "dining room" gym.
    I took the table and chairs out, as that room was used as a catch-all for mail and crap..

I put my stationary bike and my bowflex in there. And in the doorway to the kitchen, I have my "Gold's Gym" pullup bar.
    This way I can better utilize the space. I can still watch TV while on the bike, and use the sound system while riding/lifting.
    Works way better for me. When this stuff was in the basement, or in the garage, it was "out of sight, out of mind" and I didnt use it.
  • LivFit4me
    LivFit4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ha!! My gym went from a "garage gym" to a dining room/family room as well! My bf got tired of me heating the garage in the winter so he moved all the gym stuff inside and the family room furniture and dining room table & chairs all went in the garage! The only thing I am not sure about is the mats on top pf the carpet...makes it almost too soft! If we didn't rent I would tear up the carpet and just lay mats down!
    Sneaking this in while at work so I will have to post some pictures later of my "gym". I don't have a lot but it's good for now!
  • Ihatechokos4eva
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't really have any pictures handy.

My setup is
    power rack
    bench
    oly barbell
    oly plates
    bumper plates
    powerblock adjustable dumbbells
    treadmill
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Bodybulding.com has an awesome thread about this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&page=1

Haven't been on that site for a few months, apparently you gotta be a member now to view pics though.

Some home gyms are amazing.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a spare room gym

2012-03-26_20-30-52_841.jpg

2012-03-26_20-31-11_293.jpg

2012-03-26_20-31-22_600.jpg

I also currently have a recumbent bike in the middle of my living room in front of the TV, it gets moved when I do my videos
    A pool in the back yard
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I love my garage gym. I have a treadmill for when I don't feel like going running (it is currently holding cushions to outdoor furniture...too many nice places to run around me), padded floors (this odd snap-together tiling stuff) for doing burpees/planks/squats or whatever, a TV with Direct TV, a DVR, and NFL Sunday Ticket on it (a must) and a DVD player for workout vids, as well as a set of weights, hand weights, balance ball, jump ropes, resistance bands (tied to the built-in tool bench). Its a pretty sweet girl-cave, or man-cave, for that matter.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Garage/Bedroom/Balcony/Yard either or. I do like the idea of a tele for workout vids etc
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    One of my favorite pieces of equipment is the adjustable threaded kettlebell. I think I paid $39 for it, but I can add weights from 5lbs to 45lbs. It is a lot cheaper than buying a whole set of kettlebells which would run into the hundreds of dollars. I also like my tricep curling bar (also threaded). I am a big fan of the adjustable dumbells also. My 10-25lb dumbbells just collect dust. Everything should be adjustable.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite pieces of equipment is the adjustable threaded kettlebell. I think I paid $39 for it

Wow. Super cheap for an adjustable kettlebell. Downunder we are at about $200 for a 32kg adjustable kettlebell.