Calorie counting books

Options
Do any of you know of a book that has most restaurant menu nutrition information? I know there's Calorie King but it still has a lot of restaurants (chain) missing.

Just curious if there is a better book out there or even a website that would work, too.

Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For most chain restaurants, if you google "Joe Schmoe's Restaurant Nutritional Info" it's almost always on their website somewhere.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Don't know of any books but I find that most chains will post their nutritional information on line. I use this when I know when we are going out to eat and plan ahead of time.
  • famv5
    famv5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thank you. :)

I wish all restaurants posted their nutritional information. We have a few "favorites" local to us that are not chains and I have no idea what the calorie count is for their food.

Thanks again!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Get the Eat this not that book. It has not only calories but all the nutritional info for all the major food chains AND it tells you things you can have instead which are the same, or similar in taste, but are far better for you. A great guide for the novice or even an experienced healthy eater that just doesn't like to carry around all those numbers in their head.

here's the link to it on Barnes and Noble

http://tinyurl.com/y96sn3q
  • supafly
    supafly Posts: 36
    Options
    I think Calorie King is the one that we sell at work. Other than that I find it easier to just d/l the nutrition sheets from their websites. =)
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    try this one -

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

It's based on WW points, but a lot of them have the cals, fat, fiber in it too.
  • famv5
    famv5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Perfect!! Thanks so much guys! You've been a HUGE help! :smile: