8 cups of water/day - what would this be equivilent to?

Options
I'm not 100% totally sure what measurement they are referring to? Any insight?

Replies

• DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    8 x 8 (8-8oz glasses)
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    8 x 8 fluid ounce cups = 64 fluid ounces = 1.89 liters
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    8 x 8 fluid ounce cups = 64 fluid ounces = 1.89 liters

^^^this^^^ but keep in mind that a juice glass is about 4-6oz, and the average drinking glass is 16oz. I prefer to use 32 oz containers for my water--then I only need to drink 4 per day :)
  • andreaholowaty
    Options
    Thanks for the responses...this is what I figured but the word "cups" made me second guess. Thanks :)
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It really would be nice to be able to enter the number of ounces rather than number of 8oz cups. It would be more accurate. Say I drank 33 ounces of water ( the size of my water bottle) it would be nice to just be able to put in 33oz and be done with it rather than divide by 8 and decide if you should round up or round down (and then remember to be consistent about that) . I got fed up with it and just quit tracking my water intake, and I know now that I'm not tracking it i am drinking less water.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I took a 1 cup measuring cup, a permanent marker and a 64 fluid ounce juice bottle and marked the bottle in 8 ounce increments. I fill the bottle every morning, keep it at my desk, and fill whichever cup or glass I feel like drinking from during the day straight from that bottle. That way I can see how much water I've had so far, and how much is left. I usually end up drinking more than the 64 ounces during the day.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It really would be nice to be able to enter the number of ounces rather than number of 8oz cups. It would be more accurate. Say I drank 33 ounces of water ( the size of my water bottle) it would be nice to just be able to put in 33oz and be done with it rather than divide by 8 and decide if you should round up or round down (and then remember to be consistent about that) . I got fed up with it and just quit tracking my water intake, and I know now that I'm not tracking it i am drinking less water.

relax. it doesnt need to be that exact. just drink 2 of your water bottles a day. you should do it for your health, not for a computer program. drink up.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options

relax. it doesnt need to be that exact. just drink 2 of your water bottles a day. you should do it for your health, not for a computer program. drink up.

actually it is for my health, i use MFP to gather data to help me make better decisions. so yeah i would like to have more precise data.