Diet pills?

Options
I'm considering trying some, any recommendations?

Replies

• bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yes, just pretend you're holding a pill, put it in your mouth and swallow it. Same effect.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What "bmadiuk" said.
  • workingitout2012
    Options
    OMG please, please do not do this!!! Diet pills nearly ruined my life & my relationship! When I was 19 I tired duromine, I turned into a complete nutcase! I couldnt eat, couldnt sleep was contanstly crabby & constipated. My heart raced so hard even while sitting down that i thought i was going to die. Any weight i lost came back immediatley after stopping the horrible drug. It is so no worth it! Get on the net & research the heck out of diet & exercise. You can do this without drugs, I promise xo
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    it's a complete waste of money. they do no good, excepte waste money. I seen on a show the other day about what they "don't want people to know about them... if you read the very fine print say on quick trim, it will say average monthly loss is 2. something lbs a month WITH exercise and healthy eating..... so WHY waste the money when you can do that on your own a month?

i have to admit i tried them before i found this great site and was much younger. I lost but only on one specific one that was taken off the market b/c of heart attacks and strokes! The other ones never worked at all.......... like i want to have my son live without his mom just b/c she wanted to loose some weight... i think not!

I didn't have a huge amount to loose when i joined mfp and yes it has been super hard to figure out what your right cals are, etc but i wouldn't do it any other way!
  • julia752
    julia752 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your advise guys, was just considering cos i've been exercising and watching what I've been eating for about two years now and I haven't really lost any weight, I fluctuate a lot so was looking for something to help BUT with your guys advise I will be staying away! Thanks :)
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yes, just pretend you're holding a pill, put it in your mouth and swallow it. Same effect.
    :indifferent:
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You put your heart at risk when you take diet pills.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advise guys, was just considering cos i've been exercising and watching what I've been eating for about two years now and I haven't really lost any weight, I fluctuate a lot so was looking for something to help BUT with your guys advise I will be staying away! Thanks :)

If you do the same routine, your body gets used to it. When I hit a plateau, I shock my system by completely switching up my workout routine. It works!
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    mega-t green tea. love them, helped me lose weight.
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Not all exercise is effective. If you're serious and are doing the best you can...then GET HELP. Interview some trainers and pick on ethat has proven results...do that the trainer says and your fat will move. Mine did.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I have tried things like that in the past, they are not a long-term solution and they make my heart race. You can do this. Get to the gym a couple of days a week, lift heavy weights, walk a couple of days a week for a couple of miles. Eat salads with good protein, chicken breast is good for dinner with a veggie, and make sure you don't eat too little. Just these small tweaks will really affect your body. I am a convert after joining here almost a year ago, no more 1200 calorie diets for me and too much cardio. I'm never hungry and my body shape has totally changed. I eat ast least 1500 calories a day, more on workout days. Good luck to you!!!