Looking for friends for encouragement & weight loss advice.

Options
Hi, I am a newly single mother of 3 going thru a divorce. I am very much so an emotional eater (and the past year or so has been VERY emotional), that paired with pregnancy weight gain has left me in a not so wonderful shape. I want to be HOT. I have a history in culinary arts so I know what I should and shouldn't be eating...Its just hard. Im a junk food addict. Food has always been my only vice. HELP! Thanks.

Replies

• bashmir
    bashmir Posts: 43
    Options
    hey
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be hard starting a weight loss journey with so much unhappiness in your life as of late but I think this is definitely a step in the right direction! You're going to build up your self confidence and have so much more energy for you and your kids. Find joy in the little things and never give up and I think things will completely turn around for you! You can add me if you'd like, I'm on everyday and I love to give and receive daily encouragement!
  • unclemullet
    unclemullet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have 3 children and am battling the baby bulge. I always feel better after I go outside, even if its just for a little bit of fresh air... keeps the cravings at bay some how. Make some tea as a treat instead... its good for the mind too. :) You can do it mama... YOU CAN DO IT! One pound at a time. Each decision is part of that ONE pound you are trying to rid... you can do it.
  • memstar
    memstar Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am finding happiness and finding myself again. :) I have started several gardening projects. I stay active with my 3 young kids (5,4, & 1). It is hard on the weekends their father has them. My house gets too quiet but, here lately I have been focusing on ME time when they are gone. ME time is something I haven't really had since my oldest was born.
  • warriorchick24
    Options
    Hey, I know where you are coming from (kind of). When my parents got divorced, my mom used her anger and frustration to get healthier, she has lost 20 lbs so far and down almost 4 pant sizes. I have to admit I am super jealous b/c I don't that kind of motivation, but I am proud that she is healthier and to see it is possible.
    And keep up on your ME time, that is one of the most important things a woman can have, we take of everyone else and don't really have time to focus on us. Take yourself to a Starbucks and order (my favorite) a non-fat no whipped cream Caramel, Mocha, and White Mocha Frappuccino (not everyday obviously, but just a little treat :D) and take a book you want to read, or your computer and listen to your favorite music/watch your favorite movie or read that book. Its a GREAT stress reliever and YOU time! As a recently graduated Chef and full time restaurant employee I understand the need for the me time extremely! I wait hand and foot on other people at work, and then come home and make dinner, clean, take care of the dog, etc. me time is VERY important!
    Keep up the great work, you can do it!! I promise
  • joelthecannon
    Options
    I have lost 33 pounds since March 9. I have done it through the old fashion way by counting calories, drinking water 8 glasses per day, vitamins, and walking a few times a week for 30 to 35 minutes. I eat between 1000-1200 per day. The first 30 days I only ate 1000 calories per day. Make sure you diversify your food groups, and eat enough protein. My motto is calories in and calories out. Remember 3500 calories equals one pound. As you can see, I don't believe in fad diets.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me hun. We have a lot in common :)
  • kdiddygreen
    kdiddygreen Posts: 16
    Options
    you can ad me too!!!!!! I am a mother of 2 working night shift and boy is it hard to get on a proper schedule and to try and figure out how much and when to eat - I have allowed myself to get over 200lbs - but MFP has defiantely helped me be accountable. I find that the best me time is when I exercise and that is whatever you want it to be, the gym, a walk, a bike ride it all counts. make the changes slowly and dont deprive yourself - I find that too drastic a change all at once especially when you are dealing with alot of emotional stuff makes things more difficult than they have to be. you can do it but you have to put yourself first sometimes and that will make things better for you and your kids all the time. we can take this trip together - there is so much support on this site. we are here to get through it together.
  • memstar
    memstar Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragment. Best of luck to you.
  • katedesaccord
    Options
    Feel free to add me, OP or anyone else. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey and have so far been pretty good about eating the right things/amount of calories. I'm looking for friends for encouragement too, so maybe we could help each other out. Good luck :)
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am finding happiness and finding myself again. :) I have started several gardening projects. I stay active with my 3 young kids (5,4, & 1). It is hard on the weekends their father has them. My house gets too quiet but, here lately I have been focusing on ME time when they are gone. ME time is something I haven't really had since my oldest was born.

Memstar - finding and accepting yourself for who you are is a key to happiness. You will never truely be happy until you have discovered what makes you happy. The ME time you have is what helps you to reflect on what is important in your life and "YOU" should always be important. If you don't take care of yourself first then you can be sure you could possibly not be around for your kids for as long as you should be. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Anyone can add me. I am an emotional eater and a lover of food eater as well and have actually been gaining weight the last 2 weeks, but I am determined to get that back on track again after today.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to mfp. Congratulations on committing yourself to....yourself. i am a mom of 2 girls, 3.5 and 6 months old. Also trying to lose the baby weight, which I have done. Now working on all the other fat I have acquired over the years. I am down 26 pounds, working on the rest. I amvery committed to this. Feel free to add me!!