I -want- that flat stomach!

Options
Lost 50 lbs since August, working on the last ten. Been very satisfied with the way my body transformed except the tummy still isn't as flat as i'd like. I would like to see some definition without having the full out blown out cut 6 pack. I do insanity 6 times a week since March. Started round 2 two weeks ago. Eating clean. Need tips? Advice? Or is it possible my body just isn't made for the sexy bikini tummy?

Replies

• sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    ugh! me too!!!!!
  • Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ugh! me too!!!!!

YAY! I'm not alone! I keep seeing women with ripped abs, flat tummies. Sure know how to make someone feel left out.
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what more you you can do, but chicka 50 POUNDS! that's amazing! be proud and keep on keeping on! ;-)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I believe it is possible for just about any of us... My 6 pack is well covered by this keg... But I'm working on it. The most common advice I hear on this is "abs are made in the kitchen"... We all have abs (of one level or another) BUT it is that layer of fat on top of it that makes it difficult to see. We just basically have to uncover them by continuing to lower our body fat percentage... Eventually, they will show up then we can develop them from there.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I heard lifting gets good results
    and congrats on losing 50!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    For you to achieve a flat tummy, you have to lower your overall body fat percentage.

Here are pics of men in different body fat percentages:

male-body-fat-percentages-pictures.jpg
    pictures-of-body-fat-percentages.jpg

Here are pics of women in different body fat percentages:

female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg
    body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

Now people can have the same body fat percentage but look different. That mostly depends on the training & nutrition:

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg
    10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg
  • Evellitha
    Options
    The last 10 lbs are the hardest to burn, been plateau'd for about a month now. Might start incorporating weights as suggested by CeeRawr (Thank you!) also heart of c25k. Might add that to my Insanity regimen! Let's get rid of this blubber layer! We can all do it.
  • MauiKathleen
    Options
    Dang girl...Insanity 6 times a week???!! I hardly made it through one class! Kudos to you for that, keep up the good work!:smile:
  • Evellitha
    Options
    For you to achieve a flat tummy, you have to lower your overall body fat percentage.

Here are pics of men in different body fat percentages:

male-body-fat-percentages-pictures.jpg
    pictures-of-body-fat-percentages.jpg

Now people can have the same body fat percentage but look different. That mostly depends on the training & nutrition:

LOVE that post! Thank you. I guess I would situate myself between 20-25% Still a little ways to go. Don't want the body of a body builder but toned is sexy in my eyes.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Everything you say you're doing, plus weight training. I'd also suggest Jillian Michael's "Six Week Six Pack". It'll help flatten you out, while burning fat, and maybe the start of a six pack will form. I'm doing that video now, and am aiming for a "soft showing" 6 pack. :smile:
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ugh! me too!!!!!

YAY! I'm not alone! I keep seeing women with ripped abs, flat tummies. Sure know how to make someone feel left out.

LOL me too! I have a little bit of pudge that needs to be toned but have minimal results! The next morning I can hardly move if I do crunches or other core stuff
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    lamujermasbonita thanks for ur post!! that made me understand better what is going on with my body. i should check into whats my body fat % i been wanting to look like im at 18% BF and thought i would after i lost 8lbs but in looking at the pics my tummy looks like the 25% girl so my BF is still high to expect to look like the 18% girl

thanks!!!
  • Evellitha
    Options
    Everything you say you're doing, plus weight training. I'd also suggest Jillian Michael's "Six Week Six Pack". It'll help flatten you out, while burning fat, and maybe the start of a six pack will form. I'm doing that video now, and am aiming for a "soft showing" 6 pack. :smile:

Sounds interesting. Will totally look into it. Was looking at her 30 day shred. But it didn't seem challenging enough. Six week six pack sounds like a good add on to my work outs!
  • Sayne
    Sayne Posts: 23
    Options
    sorry but the girls at 20 and 25% are so much hotter than the boys. sounds like you are doing an awesome job and are seriously motivated but remember to love who you are definition or not.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, congrats on your weight loss.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options

This is great! I would love to be at 20% I have 4lbs left to reach my goal weight and right now my body fat is at 25%. Definitely need to start lifting.
  • irenep22
    irenep22 Posts: 59
    Options
    great picture amiga ;)
  • midnight333
    midnight333 Posts: 149
    Options
    You know what, I always saw results when I used Denise Austin's Super Stomachs. I found it at a rummage sale
    when I started it was impossible and grueling. I was especially proud of myself about 4 months later when I could go all the way through the workout, as it is only about 8-9 minutes long. Important you need to do the warmup you can find it on youtube just type for search 'youtube Denise Austin - Super Stomachs - 1986 - 480p' it should come up. Good luck, when I was steadily doing it my tummy was like a six-pack.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit... and patience...
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    I believe it is possible for just about any of us... My 6 pack is well covered by this keg... But I'm working on it. The most common advice I hear on this is "abs are made in the kitchen"... We all have abs (of one level or another) BUT it is that layer of fat on top of it that makes it difficult to see. We just basically have to uncover them by continuing to lower our body fat percentage... Eventually, they will show up then we can develop them from there.
    Very true^^^^^ but if you have been doing the same work out for so long you need to change it up! You should also try some lifting. I am searching for the same thing but have a long way to go.
    Good luck!
    Peace! :flowerforyou: