Lose 20 lbs by October 2012!!!!

Options
Hello Everyone,

I started MFP in January 2011 – and I did great, I lost a total of 27 lbs by November…I was 10lbs away from my goal weight…. but the holiday came around and in November 2011 I fell off the wagon, I started a full time job and was in evening classes which lead me to gain 10 lbs back :(….I was mad at myself for letting myself go like that, but I am back and ready to lose the final 20 lbs that I have left to lose!!!!

For all those out there who are ready to lose 20 lbs by Oct 2012 – let’s do this!!! :)

Replies

• bryndakat
    bryndakat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ultimately need to lose 60 lbs, but 20 lbs by October seems like a great mini-goal! I'm going to a wedding October 6th in Vegas, so it would be great to be able to show up 20 lbs lighter! I'll add you as a friend... and hopefully we will get some more people in this group!
  • Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need some accountability. I'm also around 20 pounds away from my goal. I've fallen off the wagon and I need to get back on too.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I`m sure I`d love to but I`m not sure my body can do it. I have never been an overeater and yo yo diets have made my metabolism a nightmare. Maybe this is what happened to you. I mean did you really eat 35,000 cal over your maintenence in about 10 days? Probably not right?

So even though I really want to lose 20 lbs, I figured out more exercise or lower cals isn`t the way. It just comes right back.

But maybe I can lose some because I lost 2 lbs this week, eating 500 calories more a day than I used to gain on.

If it continues I`ll join. I just never know what`s going to happen!
  • littleindo
    littleindo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love to make my goal 20 by October 2012. I really need some accountability!
  • tori_grr
    tori_grr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm game I need to lose 30 for my goal weight so I'm hoping by October I will have lost 20 or more :)
  • DeanLite
    DeanLite Posts: 20
    Options
    COUNT ME IN. I AM GOING TO DO MY BEST.:smile:
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • ThinMint_Stac
    ThinMint_Stac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! i need to lose 31 so perfect!!:)
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this because I really didn't feel like working out tonight, but I have a pretty high goal for October and I know I can't do it unless I work hard every day! And I can completely relate to how you feel. I started Last November, lost 10 lbs then after the Holidays, I gained 5 and wasn't able to get back on track until like last month.
  • karacakes77
    karacakes77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! If I could lose 20 lbs by October I will be so happy. It has taken me 6 months to lose 11 lbs, because I am struggling with a Binge Eating Disorder, trying to recover but having a lot of set backs. I would love some more friends and accountability on here so feel free to add me as a friend everyone :happy:
  • junekmoore
    junekmoore Posts: 25
    Options
    I am in . I will send you a friend request so we can motivate one another and keep each other accountable.
  • Gilliamzoo
    Gilliamzoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • skyocom
    skyocom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!! I have 57 pounds left to lose, 20 by October is definitely a great goal!! Feel free to add me.
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! Thank you all for joining!! I am so glad that we can help each other reach our goals…I have sent you all a group invite so we can start our communication from there for now on….I have set it as a private group. Please let me know if you didn’t receive the invite. Below are the names of the participants we have:

1. npatel160
    2. bryndakat
    3. sigma28
    4. jesslloser
    5. littleindo
    6. tori_grr
    7. deanlite
    8. bryla1
    9. staceylynnsmith
    10. arojas1227
    11. karacakes77
    12. junkmoore
    13. gilliamzoo
    14. skyocom

Feel free to add each other…Below are details about the challenge…

Challenge Starts: Monday May 21st 2012
    Challenge Ends: October 21st 2012
    Goal: to lose 20 lbs or more!! :)

Requirements: = weight in every Sunday (if that works for everyone) I will create a topic for our weigh- ins each week, everyone please post weights in each week in the group forum…I will then compile all the information in a Google Document so everyone can view and track and stay accountable!! :)
    I am so glad to get started, this is my first time starting a group so I am very excited!!!

Good luck everyone and best wishes!!!
    Neema
  • oceanviewdream
    oceanviewdream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello, Is it to late to join? I would like to loose 50 pounds and need some inspiration and motivation from others with same goals.

Thanks,
    Oceanviewdream.
  • Jo4shore
    Jo4shore Posts: 2
    Options
    Just joined this week, would like to see 30lbs gone by October