Salutations

Options
I made an account here a while ago (month?) and never logged on until now, so hi all. :D

Just figured it's time to lose weight, and a couple of friends suggested this site to be a good one, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm 5'6" 240 lb 20-year-old college girl trying to get to about 180 or 150. Whichever I'm comfortable with. I'm not horribly motivated, and I'll admit a lot of things I start, I don't finish. My goal to lose weight is no exception there, unfortunately.

But negativity aside, my goal is to get at least a little bit fitter by time school comes back around (which is sometime in August). I spent what little money I had on a WiiFit (it's pretty fun, I'll give it that, just hard to play when we're busy unpacking a lot of things in my house and there's no room), I've got a few select ways to diet, and I'm going to reinstate my membership at the YMCA and do water aerobics and fitness/weight training in the near future.

A couple of other little things about me:
- I speak Japanese, and if there's a Japanese group here for me to practice my dying language skills, that'd be awesome.
- I've got a hint of asthma, but I rarely use my inhaler anymore, and I hope to never need to use it again.
- I don't like to talk about school, especially as of late. Few issues with the entire thing.
- I've got poor self-esteem, but I'm hoping to change that in the future.

So yeah. I could use a few friends to just chat with/help with subtle motivation if need be :3

Oh and my name's Lindsey.

Replies

• JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsey,
    Feel free to add me, and as far as Japanese is concerned my friend runmybunsoff speaks fluent Japanese.
  • GwenRN50
    GwenRN50 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi ! Nice to meet you Lindsey :) Think of the benefits of getting fit....that will keep you motivated! Log on every day & record your progress....Good for you for setting a goal! Healthy habits are a life long work in progress....
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My name in Japanese is Aki!