B12 and Lipotropic Injections

Options
Has anyone here ever tried these injections? I just started them yesterday. I am not looking for a quick fix, but I have a very hard time losing weight, and I am hoping for something that will make it just a little bit easier. I find that even when I am doing EVERYTHING right -following my diet on here to a T and exercising 3-5 hours a week, -that I'm lucky if I lose 3 pounds in a month. So, my question really is whether or not the injections make weight loss any easier. I just want to boost what I'm doing a little bit.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    A few people at work get them and yes, they have lot weight. However, the injections make me very leery. First, they lost weight quickly, too quickly I think. I think they have a lot of loose skin becasue of this, which I do not, even after losing 44 pounds.

Secondly, I always wondered about the long term risks. Now don't quote me on this because I didn't even actually read the article, but my boyfriend read that they are finding that the injections can cause harm to your liver. Like I said, I didn't read it, but make sure you do your own research on it.

Lastly, even though you say that your just looking to use this as a boost, the only real way to lose weight and keep it off is with diet and exercise. More than likely, there is something that is hindering your weightloss, so you might as well figure out what it is so that you can start and contiue to lose weight (sorry if that sounded snobby, but there was so much I didn't know until I joined MFP and I have learned so much and learning a healthier lifestyle was the best thing I ever did for myself).

So, how many calories do you eat each day? How active are you in your day to day activities, how much exercise do you get, do you eat your exercise calories, in your past attempts have you counted calories, do you have a heart rate monitor....? There are many knowledable people here that if given enough info, can certainly help you get started and lose weight the best, natural way. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I appreciate any information. I am going to a doctor for the injections, and I have looked into it pretty thoroughly, and so far everything looks safe. My calorie intake is 1200 each day and I am exercising 3-4 hours each week. I alternate cardio with strength training. I don't always eat my exercise calorie back. I do try, but I just can't eat that much. I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry because then I end up eating the wrong thing.