Hi! I'm new & looking for friends

Options
I'm Gwen & I'm a nursing instructor & busy mom. Looking for friends. We can encourage each other to stick to our goals. Exercise & tracking what I eat, & being held accountable, is what I need the most. Let's chat.

Replies

• tytbone
    tytbone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Gwen! I'm Tyler/college student trying to exercise and count/estimate calories too to slim down. :)
  • lessele
    lessele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Gwen,

I am rather new to the site so I could use some supportive friends as well. I have been logging in for a month and have lost 8 lbs. I have another 45 to 50 to go! I haven't always been this size. I have a sit down job now and that has contributed I am sure. I am in the education recruitment industry and a former professional chef. Believe it or not, I managed my weight better when I cooked for a living!!! I am single and a young 61 years old. I am big on team work and mutual support. I look forward to hearing back, although I know you will be inundated with replies!

Leslie:glasses: :happy:
  • GwenRN50
    GwenRN50 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey Gwen! I'm Tyler/college student trying to exercise and count/estimate calories too to slim down. :)
    Hi Tyler! Nice to meet you. Great goal to exercise & develop good habits!
  • GwenRN50
    Options
    Hi Gwen,

I am rather new to the site so I could use some supportive friends as well. I have been logging in for a month and have lost 8 lbs. I have another 45 to 50 to go! I haven't always been this size. I have a sit down job now and that has contributed I am sure. I am in the education recruitment industry and a former professional chef. Believe it or not, I managed my weight better when I cooked for a living!!! I am single and a young 61 years old. I am big on team work and mutual support. I look forward to hearing back, although I know you will be inundated with replies!

Leslie:glasses: :happy:

Hi Leslie! Nice to meet you :) I also have (ugh!) 50 pounds to loose, but will take it one at a time. Congrats on your 8 pound loss, keep it up! I think you & I both know what to do to loose. I've lost & regained the same 50 pounds a few times. LOL Try applying what you did when you were a chef & were sucessful. I just need to apply what I know to be useful advise. Good luck, & great to chat w/ you :)
  • GwenRN50
    Options
    appreciate everyone for stopping by!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I dispatch for 911. I have only been on MFP for about a month and a half. I am down 18 lbs. When I started, I was at about my heaviest point ever. Was in the Army for 11 years and now I have a sit down job. Not good for the weight. I log in daily and will support you. I don't normally comment on food diaries tho. Welcome!!!
  • Nikelopez1
    Nikelopez1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Gwen! I just came across this site and joined tonight. I was diagnosed in April 2009 with Dermatomyositis. I was on lots of meds and gained about 50 lbs mainly from prednisone. I have tried weight watchers, etc but I think the calorie counting will be a better way and with more positive results. I too need accountability, so I look forward to connecting with you and the others. I cannot promise every day, but I will try my best to check in as much as possible until daily becomes habit. I know with a support group such as this, we will all reap great results! I will pray for our success. Look forward to chatting and sharing with you and the others! Blessings!