Would you do it???

Options
I decided tonight I was going to start logging my "love making to my hubby" (yes under that name) as it sure does burn calories! Thought about it for awhile now and tonight just finally did it. Would you log it?

Replies

• jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    Sure, why not?
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I dont have a husband...so I cant.
  • LadyDodge02
    LadyDodge02 Posts: 26
    Options
    No, but more power to you. I just look it as fun, and not a workout.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I used to use LoseIt, and on that site sex was a legit exercise choice, but the trick was that it showed up as something else to other people - I wish I could remember what the "code" exercise was. It was something like low impact aerobics. I might have to log back in to my old account to figure it out! But anyway, everyone knew the code so it was kind of a funny joke.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Are you going to wear a HRM?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've got a bodymedia and one of the first things my husband wanted to test out was whether he could get the activity graph to spike. The answer is yes. :smokin: (But I didn't record it on MFP).
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I dont have a husband...so I cant.
  • lbowd2
    lbowd2 Posts: 12
    Options
    Is there a competition to see who canm score the most calories?
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah...why not.:love:
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ha! I log my accordion practice (yes, I'm learning to play... it's an upper-body workout with a 20-lb weight strapped to your chest!) and everyone on my friends list thought I was logging sex
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Yes, I would....just have to make sure you're actually doing part of the work!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I used to use LoseIt, and on that site sex was a legit exercise choice, but the trick was that it showed up as something else to other people - I wish I could remember what the "code" exercise was. It was something like low impact aerobics. I might have to log back in to my old account to figure it out! But anyway, everyone knew the code so it was kind of a funny joke.

Okay, I looked it up on LoseIt! And the calorie burns are not impressive, according to that site:
    For my weight,
    Sexual Activity - PASSIVE, LIGHT, KISSING 0 cal/hr
    Sexual Activity - GENERAL, MODERATE 26 cal/hr
    Sexual Activity - ACTIVE, VIGOROUS 44 cal/hr
    And it gets reported to your "friends" in your log as "Walking"
    :laugh:
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ha! I log my accordion practice (yes, I'm learning to play... it's an upper-body workout with a 20-lb weight strapped to your chest!) and everyone on my friends list thought I was logging sex

HA!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get haters for this, but it's just like housecleaning. It's a part of every day life and it's NOT exercise. People that log every day cleaning and normal activity/chores (that they also did when they were heavy mind you), are just looking for the easy way out "in my opinion" (don't know how to bold that) and the easy way to try to log calories burned so they can eat more.

Side note, why not just enjoy your love-making and not incorporate it into your weight loss. I'm pretty sure you did it before calorie counting and never thought of it as "exercise" or a "calorie burner".

Once again, THIS IS MY OPINION!!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I'll probably get haters for this, but it's just like housecleaning. It's a part of every day life and it's NOT exercise. People that log every day cleaning and normal activity/chores (that they also did when they were heavy mind you), are just looking for the easy way out "in my opinion" (don't know how to bold that) and the easy way to try to log calories burned so they can eat more.

Side note, why not just enjoy your love-making and not incorporate it into your weight loss. I'm pretty sure you did it before calorie counting and never thought of it as "exercise" or a "calorie burner".

To bold, whatever you want to bold except lowercase b's
  • lbowd2
    lbowd2 Posts: 12
    Options
    Only 44cal/hr. That's like one bite of a chocolate Freddo! Wonder who they signed up as their researchers?
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    If I'd log it, it would be just for the fun of it.. lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

To bold, whatever you want to bold except lowercase b's

Thank you!!
  • microaggie
    microaggie Posts: 13
    Options
    i don't log in cleaning, cooking, having sex, dancing all night with friends...those are the side calories..but if you wish to put in, have fun! In my opinion its just silly.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options

I agree with you to an extent. If something (cleaning, house work, sex) is a normal part of your day then ehh....But, if you had like a really intense cleaning bout and you were sweating and did stuff out of the ordinary, I think it's ok to include it as calories burned. That's why if I do log cleaning, it's only when I was really hustling and I'll just log it as light/moderate.
    And this is just my opinion, We can agree to disagree right? :drinker: