Would you do it???

Options
2»

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    No, I consider it a bonus. In all honesty, unless you're really into it and going at it for awhile (like throwing each other around and conquering the house... You know, great *kitten*), you'd be surprised at the calories.
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get haters for this, but it's just like housecleaning. It's a part of every day life and it's NOT exercise. People that log every day cleaning and normal activity/chores (that they also did when they were heavy mind you), are just looking for the easy way out "in my opinion" (don't know how to bold that) and the easy way to try to log calories burned so they can eat more.

Side note, why not just enjoy your love-making and not incorporate it into your weight loss. I'm pretty sure you did it before calorie counting and never thought of it as "exercise" or a "calorie burner".

Once again, THIS IS MY OPINION!!

I tend to agree, I would be curious to try a HRM just to see how much it burns though :tongue:

I guess you could log it if it was a pre-planed 'work out' with the specific intention of burning calories... but to make it really count you would have to set calorie targets (could be fun) but generally I suspect it would kill the mood.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I always wanted to know.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    New Thread: Am I going to go in to starvation mode because of unlogged sexual activity???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ETA: OP- I'm not making fun of you, I'm laughing at where this idea could go....
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No... I don't imagine you'd burn very much no matter how hard you went. Now if you do it for a couple hours hardcore, then sure....log it
  • darkbutterfly32
    Options
    I'll probably get haters for this, but it's just like housecleaning. It's a part of every day life and it's NOT exercise. People that log every day cleaning and normal activity/chores (that they also did when they were heavy mind you), are just looking for the easy way out "in my opinion" (don't know how to bold that) and the easy way to try to log calories burned so they can eat more.

Side note, why not just enjoy your love-making and not incorporate it into your weight loss. I'm pretty sure you did it before calorie counting and never thought of it as "exercise" or a "calorie burner".

I tend to agree, I would be curious to try a HRM just to see how much it burns though :tongue:

I guess you could log it if it was a pre-planed 'work out' with the specific intention of burning calories... but to make it really count you would have to set calorie targets (could be fun) but generally I suspect it would kill the mood.

"Don't stop! Almost there! OH YES!!! 100 calories!"
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options

LMFAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options

And instead of whispering sweet nothings in your lover’s ear you can yell at them: "Come on! Feel the burn! You can Do it!"
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ha! I log my accordion practice (yes, I'm learning to play... it's an upper-body workout with a 20-lb weight strapped to your chest!) and everyone on my friends list thought I was logging sex

I sort of love you right now.
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    "Come on! Feel the burn! You can Do it!"

must be herpes.

my wife is dont faster than a boy hitting puberty. we started the "act" during a race when the yellow flag pit stops began....and she was done before the green flag dropped. it would be pointless for her.
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options

Sorry but not an excuse to eat more! I do not eat my exercise calories back:)
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "Come on! Feel the burn! You can Do it!"

must be herpes.

my wife is dont faster than a boy hitting puberty. we started the "act" during a race when the yellow flag pit stops began....and she was done before the green flag dropped. it would be pointless for her.

You do realize that women aren't "done" after one victory? We can keep going. Just saying. But if this is a choice by the wifey, then nvm. But I def don't understand that choice. Why only take one victory lap?
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of this: http://xkcd.com/940/
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a joke I read.

"They say that having sex burns as many calories as going on a five mile run.
    Funny; I don't remember being able to run five miles in three minutes..."
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I log it with my wife. It counts. She was even a good sport and let me me wear an HRM a few times. Just for the sake of decorum I renamed it something else, but sex is in the database.