Help - Can't Concentrate - Im starving

Options
Hi guys,

Normally I'm fine but today I am starving!! I've had breakfast and a yogurt and half a slice of ham as well as a cup of tea / cup of coffee / herbal tea / pepsi max/ 4 cups of squash!!

What the hell is up with me and why can't i think about anything other than ham sandwiches!!

OMG!!

L x

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    First thing people are going to do is say open your diary. We can't give advice (good or bad) if your diary is closed.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry eat woman!

listen to your body. It's fact that if your basic needs aren't taken care of (like toileting, warmth, hunger etc) then concentration will suffer in all other areas of your life.
  • KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    Handful of nuts usually get me through a tough phase so that I hold out until lunch. Im having one of those days too I could eat everything, have a healthy snack (better than starving leading to a binge) and you'll feel better later for doing good.
  • lauraloo83
    lauraloo83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its now open, didnt realise it was closed. WeightWars....the reason i am doing this is because I've listened to my body for two years which told me to eat eat eat!! ;P x
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Have you figured out your BMR? It might be that 1200 calories is too little for you, which is why you're now craving all kinds of food.
  • lauraloo83
    Options
    hi lobster....BMR??? x
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Eat somthing one day over the cals isn't going to hurt you. Just eat healthy. if you are craving something eat a small amount of it other wise you'll eat everything in sight and not feel satisfied. Thats because it's on your mind. Also drink plain water you may be thirsty for it, I know you drank other things but they are mostly caffein which dehydrates some. Hope this helps you. I have days where I just cant seem to get enough to eat also.
  • imthelobster
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Basal Metabolic Rate: essentially, how much food you need just to live. I'd suggest going and figuring out what your BMR is, and raising your calories up to that number.
  • lauraloo83
    Options
    im confused, does MFP not give you cals based on that? x
  • margaretasid
    margaretasid Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Laura whats MFP??
  • imthelobster
    Options

It... does, and it doesn't. If you set your goal to -2lbs/week, it will knock off 1000 calories, no matter whether that goes below your BMR or not.

I don't have the handy list of what to set your loss per week at, but somewhere around the forums is a list of how many pounds you have left to goal and how much you should lose per week.
  • margaretasid
    Options
    My BMR shows me 2000 cal but i want to loose weight so im on 1200 at the moment.
  • lauraloo83
    Options
    Activity Level Daily Calories

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1723

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1975

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2226

Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2477

ok so this is the ifno it has given me i'd say i was moderately active i'm told by mfp to have 1200 per day plus my cals which is on average 5 x 600 per week....this is approximately a weekly total of 11,400 / 7 = 1628...

Now which do i beleive?? The info above doesnt give me an average of what i would lose though i.e. MFP say 1.5 lbs per week

CONFUSED!!!! x
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

MFP = MyFitnessPal. :wink:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Its better to eat slightly more especially if you are hungry. You may not loose as quick but if you end up cheating because of the hunger you lose out in the long run. I aim to lose 1lb a week and usually end up loosing more but I never feel hungry.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    There is no need for you to ever feel like you're starving to lose weight. Definitely boost your calories to at least your bmr, that number needs to be your new minimum. Your body needs those calories for basic bodily function. And when you exercise, you want to eat most those calories back. Depending on how long you've been eating at 1200, you might see a bit of a gain while your body adjusts to the influx of calories. Food is fuel, you need fuel to power through the day and your workouts.

When I joined I was mfp put me at around 1450. I did fine for a month and was losing almost 2 lbs a week, but then I started to feel weak, tired and even my vision was doing funny things. So I upped my calories and noticed a change the very next day. Now I try to get in 1900 calories a day, more on workout days. And I'm still seeing losses.
  • margaretasid
    Options

MFP = MyFitnessPal. :wink:

hahaha thanks im not normaly that thik ;)
  • lauraloo83
    Options
    Hey Kristy,

Actually I just changed it so I am now allowed 1280...what i have been doing is having 1200 + exercise cals. So last night I was at college I did no exercise so had no extra calories. I have only been doing 1200 since I had a gain on Tuesday, before then I was doing 1280.

I'm off to the gym tonight so what ever I earn I will gobble back up again

Is this correct what I have been doing??

L x
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

It... does, and it doesn't. If you set your goal to -2lbs/week, it will knock off 1000 calories, no matter whether that goes below your BMR or not.

I don't have the handy list of what to set your loss per week at, but somewhere around the forums is a list of how many pounds you have left to goal and how much you should lose per week.

MFP will not knock off 1000 calories in all cases. I set mine to 2lbs/week and it defaults to 1200 which is definitely not a deficit of 1000. The lowest it will go is 1200 unless you set your own calorie goal.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If you are moderately active you should not be netting 1200 calories or even 1280 calories. You should be netting probably about 1500. 1200 is just not sustainable for someone that works out 3 to 5 times per week.

If you have been at 1200 calories for a period, start upping your calories by 100 per day for a week at a time until you reach 1500. You may experience some water weight gain in the process, but that's ok. Don't freak out. It will go away.

Your weight is going to fluctuate in general. There are so many reasons for a weight gain throughout the month. Just because you gain a pound one day does not mean that you need to cut your calories. You would have had to eat 3500 calories over your maintenance calories to gain that pound in fat. It's just water weight. Water goes up and down.

ETA: If you are starving. Have something to eat. One day over your calories is not going to do any damage to the progress you've made.