From once-hated to obnoxiously loved...

Options
mogletdeluxe
mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
Those who know me can be divided into two categories: those who know me as the girl who never wore anything sleeveless and covered her bingo wings like with a religious fervour (except for on holiday, because that doesn't count, right?); or she who whenever she has a sniff of the barmaid's apron pulls her 'guns' pose.

I stumbled across an old holiday (2009) photo earlier, and decided as a point of comparion to have a root through my most recent one (March 2012). I may be being a drunken obnoxious sort (I often remind myself of Ron Burgundy in 'Anchorman' - "I don't know if you heard me counting..."), but I was quietly pleased at how I'd done a complete about-face and actually flaunted the part of my body that used to stop me from waving goodbye to people.

I know there are beautiful strong women on this site who would put my arms to shame, but at least these days I'm not restricted to a coy finger-wave when I want to bid farewell!

B3.jpg

A2.jpg

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what you have done to get your arms so toned. I would kill to have those arms. And I WILL soon! Congratulations!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    woooo whoooo niceeeeeee jobbbbb
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    BINGO WINGS!

Love that! HA!!!!

great work!
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Thank you all! :)
    Please tell me what you have done to get your arms so toned. I would kill to have those arms. And I WILL soon! Congratulations!

Hello there!

Thank you ever so much. Basically, I zap my body fat with cardio but for toning I swear by kettlebells. I use a 14kg one in my classes, and aim for two classes a week paired with zumba and the odd weight session in the gym.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well I think they are beautiful arms!!

Congrats on all your hard work - you have every right to be proud. :)
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Amazing arms! Lots of hard work, I can tell.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done!! They are so toned and beautiful. You have every right to be pround of them and yourself good job!!
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Thank you all! Weight loss has obviously been beneficial to me, but it's still a mental shift getting to a point wherein I actually really like aspects of my body; which was a subject of self-loathing for such a long time.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You're arms look amazing, but your eyes in the 2nd pic are cracking me up. I allegedly have had those eyes on many occasions. :drinker:
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My arms are my least loved body part... you give my bat-wings hope.
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    You're arms look amazing, but your eyes in the 2nd pic are cracking me up. I allegedly have had those eyes on many occasions. :drinker:

Oh gawd. It was supposed to be a sultry wink, but add a few grown-up grape juices and it looks like I'm missing something upstairs :S
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    My arms are my least loved body part... you give my bat-wings hope.

Believe me, there is hope - I'll have to dig out a photo of me wherein my arms are the same width of the girl's head standing next to me. Awkward...!
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • jetlbomb
    jetlbomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great arms.

I'm just about there now with not being scared to get my arms out in a sleeveless dress but I'm a little way away from the gun show!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    awesome! I am having the same hate turned love relationship with my arms. i can't believe how much more solid they are now compared to before. So i will "flex" and tell my boyfriend hey check it out, and he squeezes my arm like he's trying to pop the muscle. Why do guys think a muscle is like a tire and should have no bounceback.
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I want to squeeze your arms.
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love the arms! WTG! I agree! You have a right to be very proud! You have done well!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    those are some gorgeous arms. in my mind that is what i would see as close to perfection on myself.
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Thank you all so much, it really is appreciated. I've just done kettlebells at the gym and my arms are NOT my friend at the moment...world of pain!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!