Breakfast

Options
Hi,
Anybody got any good ideas for breakfast?Not too easy but not too hard to make just looking for something to make my day start with abit of flavour but with health too:smile:

Replies

• stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    smoothies and shakes are good... instant oatmeal is fab as it keeps you fuller for longer!

I'm baking these for the week on Sunday: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and.html

Apparently it's really nice reheated throughout the week and makes enough for six days! :-)
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of porridge, my favourite combination so far is raspberries and agave syrup (or honey) - it's so yummy. I make my porridge with milk as I think it's much nicer that way.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've started making breakfast burritos. I scrambled some egg, put it in my microwave. Use either Turkey Sausage or Quorn Sausage, I use about 2 links and cut them into strips of 4 each sausage. I've also been using Cottage Cheese which is a great protein source and really low in fat compared to other cheeses, the cottage cheese I have used lately has Onion and Chives in it.

Today though, I used Quorn Mince because we are running out of food, grocery shopping is tomorrow, so I had to make do with what we had left. So Quorn Mince, Chopped Tomatos in juice, diced onions and mix it well. I used scrambled egg again.

I made a bit to much today though, couldn't wrap it up at all so I just left it as it was lol.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Oats soaked in apple juice.

You can add whatever you like,
    yoghurt,
    fruit (dried/fresh)
    grated apple,
    seeds
    etc.

Can even take it on the go,in a small pot. I love it.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm very much a museli and porridge (oatmeal) lover (with chopped banana on top), but I do like a couple of poached eggs on crackerbread (as am cutting down on my carbs). Helps to up my protein levels as well :smile:

Omelettes are nice as well for cooked breakfasts - can add some variety with fillings as well :smile:
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Today was coffee, a small protein shake (8oz soy milk with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder), one Vans vanilla waffle stick, a tsp of crunchy natural PB, and 1/4 of a small apple. Yum :)
  • KBienn
    KBienn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    egg whites and spinach in a wrap - delicious, low cal and full of protein!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump to read later

anyone with fast/microwaveable ideas?
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I like plain GREEK YOGURT......prefer Chobani, but it's a bit expensive, so I use the Wegman's brand.....add a scoop of Chocolate PROTEIN POWDER, mix well, and then add
    ALMONDS/WALNUTS. Going to try the Strawberry someday.

You can add fruit to it if you like
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    2 whole eggs and say 50ml egg white made into an omelette in a dry non-stick pan with chopped onions, sliced peppers and grated mature cheese added in. That holds me over until lunch quite nicely.

Full-fat greek yogurt with a handful of blueberries or raspberries and then sprinkled with nuts and seeds.

3 whole eggs scrambled with a rasher of bacon cut up, dry-fried and mixed in.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    bump to read later

anyone with fast/microwaveable ideas?

Mine are really fast and I have made the scrambled eggs and bacon in the microwave. You could probably do the omelette in the micro, too.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I typically have a protein shake and maybe some eggs or egg whites.... Today it was.....
    3 servings egg whites scrambled, with a chopped mushroom, topped with a tbsp salsa.
    & a protein shake (3/4 scoop chocolate protein, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/8 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2tbsp dry instant coffee, 1tbsp cocoa powder, 1 serving liquid egg whites, 1/2 cup almond milk, 6 ice cubes)

297 Calories
    5g fat
    22g carbs
    7g Fiber
    46g protein
  • seraphinaglitter
    seraphinaglitter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hot fruit salad

- banana
    - blueberries
    - frozen summer fruits (I use because they're there all year round and cheaper haha)
    - Bran flakes

Mix together in a pan, add bran flakes last. Yummy and nourishing. :-D