chocolate milk

Options
myltlisa24
myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
I have read in a lot of places, that chocolate milk is better for you after you work out; so I have incorporated it into my post workout meal. But its ramping up my sugar intake. I'm not drinking regular milk, due to lactaid issues, so I am drinking dark chocolate almond milk.

What do you all think of drinking chocolate milk for a post workout?
Should I be worried about going over on my sugar?

Replies

• btm03
    btm03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I drink it...but I am no fitness expert by any means, I just read several places that it works. Plus, I am not only too cheap to buy the protein powder but I can't drink half the powders out there because of the fake sugar in them; it gives me horrendous migraines.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    There's nothing better than a cold glass of chocolate almond milk after a lenghty workout.
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've heard that too..chocolate milk is recommended after marathons, plus I like the taste!
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I drink it after my workout too. As long as you don't go over on your calories you should be fine.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk has a lot of the same qualities that these expensive post-workout shakes have that body builders use.

Plus, the chocolate milk mustache doesn't make me feel as old as a white milk mustache, either!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Do it. Its after a work out. Its now a great reward.

Ok, its sugar, but really. its chocolate milk. (chocolate almond milk)
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    Plus, the chocolate milk mustache doesn't make me feel as old as a white milk mustache, either!
    :laugh:
  • fatbutgettingthinner
    fatbutgettingthinner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have it (NesquiK) with skimmed milk and a banana. I think it works because post-workout your body is depleted of glycogen so the sugar is used very quickly by your muscles. The protein in the milk aids muscle growth also.

By having a banana with it, it give a 4:1 carb/protein ratio which is supposed to be a good thing. Plus, it tastes lovely after an Insanity workout :-)
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Stop watching and believing everything you see on "the doctors"
    It's good that you question things though
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sometimes after my workouts when I have to up my calorie intake I drink chocolate milk too. I use skim milk and dark chocolate syrup. Yummy!!!!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I hadn't heard this, but I'm rushing to the store to go buy some lol