Coffe~cream & sugar

Options
kellyyjean
kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
Anyone else out there that just cannot give up your coffee with cream and sugar? Help me feel better about not giving up mine. People say "just drink it black for a while and you won't want to go back to cream & sugar".:noway: I've tried it, but always went back. Maybe I didn't stick with it long enough. Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth on this. I use a french press and grind my own coffee, but some days....I just enjoy having that cream and sugar. Funny thing, is I look at the calories it adds, then walk more that day or do something to burn it off....
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I will not give up my french vanilla creamer in my coffee, each and every morning I "use" 100 calories on it. I've tried the other fake stuff and it's awful! You are not alone:bigsmile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ME! But I don't deprive myself of much things.. I drink coffee every morning with cream and I don't use sugar I use "Ideal" I love it :)
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've considered switching to black, but I don't think I really drink enough of it to matter either way! I'd like to enjoy my one cuppaday just the way I like it!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I refer to cream as 'coffee ruiner type 1" & sugar as "coffee ruiner yype 2".

Black is the only way to fly!

Now, Earl Grey tea on the other hand MUST be served with milk and sugar.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I will never be able to drink black coffee and enjoy it as much as I do with my milk and sugar! However, I have switched from milk or cream to So Delicious coconut milk creamer - there are lots of flavors and it is SO SO good! It's sweet enough that you really don't even need sugar. BUT I have also switched to using stevia instead of regular sugar (zero calories and tastes great), so I add a half a packet in my coffee!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    When i first started to drink coffee, I used cream and tons of sugar. then it was Milk and sugar, then skim milk and splenda and slowly over the years i've gone from that to black with 2 stevias. It is still tasty.
  • roddi7997
    roddi7997 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm with you..I enjoy my coffee with cream and sugar and am not willing to change that. There are plenty of other areas where you can cut calories or just exercise a little more. You have to still be able to enjoy some things and unless you are using a ton of cream and sugar it's not that many calories.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I used to take 3 cream and 3 sugar in my coffee.
    Switched to 2 of each, and then to 2 milk, and 2 sweetener- Only 50 calories, compared to over 400 with 3 cream and 3 sugar.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    ME! But I don't deprive myself of much things.. I drink coffee every morning with cream and I don't use sugar I use "Ideal" I love it :)

whats ideal?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I went a year with only putting almond milk in it. It didn't help me lose any weight. I can drink it that way and its ok.....but that whole time every morning I would want it to be a tad sweeter.

Now I use a little coconut palm sugar. Not enough to make it super sweet but enough to where its not bitter and a tablespoon of half and half.

As long as you are being honest when you log, drink it how you like it!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up my coffee, and probably won't for quite some time. I may eventually, but for now I'm still having it. I am cutting back through, since I typically drink 32 oz of coffee in the morning and that's not too great, so now I'm trying to hold myself to 16 oz. Except yesterday, when I woke up at 3:15 am for no good reason. :laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee black. I occasionally enjoy cream or milk and a sweetener...

when i was in college, i would have all night "cram" sessions. and when i did this, i would make coffee... but i was drinking so much that i just didn't feel like putting the creamer and sweetener in it EVERY TIME. So, I started to drink it black. And then I enjoyed it that way.... and been drinking it that way ever since. Thanks, Art History class.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i can't give it up either. I do go from about 3 cups to 1 when i'm trying to lose weight though. I wish I could drink it black but ugh
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Not going to do it. I really enjoy my morning coffee, I just make the 40 calories a part of my day.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I could NEVER drink it black. Who wants to suffer with their first cup of morning coffee? But I never use cream....I don't like it. I prefer milk. I also replaced sugar with splenda. Works for me!
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Why would I deprive myself of something I truly enjoy?

I am learning appropriate potion sizes (and not to go for seconds or thirds) but I want to maintain when all is said and done. I budget for my daily cup and enjoy it thoroughly!
  • endjl
    endjl Posts: 28
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a sugar free flavored syrup. After you start looking for these syrups, you'll find them everywhere. There are several flavors at my local grocery store, plus I have seen them at Target and Sam's Club. Some of my faves are vanilla, hazelnut, caramel and even Kahlua. YES! Kahlua (Sam's Club). Just read the labels to ensure there is no aspartame. I've found that most are sweetened with Sucralose. If you don't want the flavor, stevia is a great all-natural sweetner too!
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went without for awhile, not the cream (I drink the flavored creamer), can't go to black....but don't seem to want it as much as I did, though I love the flavor and the coffee, I have to allow for my 300 calories for that....sometimes it is worth it, sometimes not. Good luck :)
  • loislane22
    loislane22 Posts: 71
    Options
    I have given up most unhealthy things except for coffee. When i make it at home it has very little calories because I put milk in it. If i get it from outside it usually is 150 of my daily calories and sometimes I have 2 or 3 that day. It keeps me sane.
    I end up going over my daily calories mostly because of coffee, I am still losing weight, so until it starts effecting my weight loss I have no plans of giving it up.