C25K completed!!!

Options
candicejn
candicejn Posts: 458 Member
I just did my final session of C25K! I cannot believe I am able to run 30 mins straight! 10 weeks ago I couldn't run for 30 seconds without feeling like I would pass out. So awesome how our bodies respond when we push them.

I also hit the 1/3 mark for my weight loss journey this week.

I'm a happy girl :-)

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Go Candice!!!
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you., you have made it sound so real and possible. I am at the end of week 2 and I guess realistically even that is amazing that I am running for 90 secs etc. Congrats on finishing and being able to run for 30 mins, can't wait until I can say that.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm very proud of you. As someone who has also recently morphed into a runner, I know how HUGE this is! Congratulations - you are a runner. Now go and enter a 5k somewhere!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I just did my final session of C25K! I cannot believe I am able to run 30 mins straight! 10 weeks ago I couldn't run for 30 seconds without feeling like I would pass out. So awesome how our bodies respond when we push them.

massive congratulations!! I am thinking you posting this is fate, as I am in my running gear and about to also finish the last day of my c25k!!!

You should be incredibly proud of achieving such a difficult schedule!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Great job! It seems to be a great program. As soon as I get rid of this cold and can breath through my nose again, I plan on started!
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's great! Isn't it an incredible feeling to run? And congrats on being 1/3 of the way through!

Yes - definitely enter a 5K!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm a little over a week away. I'm using the 5k runner app, which is a slightly modified c25k. I just did the 20 minute run yesterday. I'm still in shock. I can only imagine what it feels like to be finished!!!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • kvictory27
    kvictory27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That's amazing, nice job!

I really needed this today, I am going to do week 1, day 3 today when my son wakes up and I was feeling kind of down about it. It is so hard for me, but it is great motivation to know its possible. It gives me hope! Thank you! :)
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! This is very exciting for me. I've never been a fitness person. But since January I've been working out 5X a week and now I can say I'm on my way to being a real runner. So awesome!

And to those who are considering it and think you can't for some reason - DO IT!! I pushed through some tough weeks, and I made it! It's absolutely possible! I've got 80lbs left to lose and I did it!

:happy:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!

So welcome to the club. Now the big question. Whats next?

Are you going to do a 5k race? Will you increase your speed, or increase the distances?
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    wow well done, you have given me such motivation to do it. I have downloaded the app to my phone and im itching to do it, but i have to just wait to buy some special, expensive trainers first as i broke my ankle 10 years ago and have 12 screws and a big plate in there so i have to be careful, but i AM going to do it.

Well done :smile:
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love that program, I have used it several times LOL to get ready for local races. It is amazing what you can push yourself to do! Congratulations!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!! 30 mins straight is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! It's a definite accomplishment to be sure!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm on week 1 still ( like day 6) I don't want to move on till I feel like I'm not going to die at 50 seconds, lol), but I'm planning on moving on to week2 on Monday! Thanks for keeping me encouraged!
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm in week 3 right now and I find it to be pretty difficult. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I will be able to run 30 minutes and actually do a 5K. I get teary eyed when I start my run and think that I'm actually committing to something and pushing through the rough times
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I completed the C25K program last week. I felt the same way! Isn't it amazing?!

I started Bridge to 10K on Monday (the 14th)...so far, I love it, too! Today will be W1D3 of that program...and I truly cannot wait to it that afternoon.

Good luck to you! What are your runnings plans/goals now? :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!